Saturday, 23 February 2013

Simply Teamwork

©Bayliss & Battersby
This week, I'll be drawing from the Simply Deep Tarot (Schiffer, 2012).  This deck is by Chanel Bayliss and James Battersby, the team that created A King's Journey Tarot (self-published, 2010).  I wasn't sure whether I'd like this second, less innovative, deck as much, and hummed and haahed about getting it.  However, when I heard TABI had a review copy up for grabs, I didn't hesitate (review will appear in the Spring Ezine).  And I'm very glad, now, that I went for it!

When I first looked through this deck, I decided to try picking out my favourite card from each section of the pack.  And this was the card I chose as my favourite Minor, only to have it appear as my first daily draw :)

A man hangs suspended by a green ribbon, his feet resting on a cog as he chisels at a rock.  He is a craftsman, creating a statue of a happy family.  He is helped by a squirrel, a hamster (or maybe a guinea pig), a mouse and a blue bird, who drive the cogs and hold the ribbon that support him.  There are also four butterflies holding up the plan of what the stone should be transformed into.  Looking more closely, the craftsman doesn't look terribly happy with his lot, perhaps because of his precarious position.  Still, if you have to work in tough conditions, it's good to know you have a supportive team behind you!

Well, it's our last full day in Paris.  We've had a lovely, relaxing time, with lots of walking and playing and eating and just soaking things in.  That's been helped by staying in a nice hotel, and having some help with Big Boy. 

I am grateful for the support and love in my life.

8 comments:

  1. That's a very nice interpretation of this card. Teamwork, yep perhaps learning to work with others and trust them. Putting one's mind, body and spirit into the job.

    I am grateful that there are those I can put my trust in who will support me in what I do. ^_^

    Lucky you in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen,

      Nice to *see* you, I know you've been very busy with the book launch. I'll be getting it on kindle as soon as I'm back in the UK: sounds very exciting :)

      Glad you have people who support you - so important.

      Congrats again on the book!

      Delete
    2. Thank Chole - there's a competitor on my website helen-scribbles.com to win an e-copy - it closes Wed. Feb 27th ^_^ you could win as no one has entered yet LOL

      Delete
    3. I've just noticed Chole, that there is no get replies by email button - :( what's happened to it?

      Delete
    4. I've found the button, ignore me ^__^ Time for a sherry I think

      Delete
    5. Hiya Helen,

      Loved the video of you reading an excerpt of you book - how cool! I've already bought the novella, though...

      Delete
  2. I love this depiction of the 3 of Coins. Nicely done for the idea that no matter how small your part, you can still contribute something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arwen,

      Yes, it really caught my eye :) It's true, I often think, "Well, I'm not really doing much", but every little does count :)

      Delete