Saturday, 9 March 2013

Meditating

©Roveda & Gabriella
This week, I'll be drawing from the Law of Attraction Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2011).  I've had this deck for nearly two years, and did a reading with it back in 2011, so I'm not sure why I never got round to blogging with it. Better late than never ;)

For this first draw we have the beautiful Star card.  A naked woman sits in lotus pose with her back to us. In front of her a brilliant star shines down from the heavens, seeming to part the clouds with its light.  The woman is sat on huge flowers, or perhaps she is tiny.  Certainly, that is the way meditating on the stars often makes me feel!

I see here traditional ideas of finding hope and guidance, as well as of being willing to open ourselves and allow ourselves to be vulnerable.  The card also seems to suggest a way to find that hope and guidance: meditation.

I haven't been doing enough of that, lately.  And I certainly feel the need to find some guidance.  I've been struggling with which direction I should take with my life.  Yeah, I know, you'd have thought I'd be past these kind of dilemmas at my age!  This last month has been tough, and has left me wondering if I can manage all the responsibilities I've taken on.

I am grateful for some time to tune in to myself.

9 comments:

  1. She reminds me a card from Osho Zen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JJ did a good comparison on her blog and thought the same thing, Carla.

      http://woley.wordpress.com/2011/08/27/its-the-law-this-card-attracts-that-card/

      PLN

      Delete
    2. Maybe that's one reason I like it - I love the Osho Zen, though I know you had a negative experience of it, Carla. Thanks for the link, PLN, will go check it out :)

      Delete
    3. I ended up giving away the Osho Zen, after I'd mutilated it beyond recognition! The only deck I detested more than that one has been the Bright Ideas Deck, which I actually threw in the trash. BUT, there were cards in the Osho Zen that I really loved, and that particular one was my favourite.

      Delete
    4. Funny, the BID isn't one of my faves, but it certainly didn't make me want to throw it in the bin! And I still love the Osho Zen, though I understand why you didn't like it. I think the artwork made up for the preachy book in my eyes :)

      Delete
  2. You definitely have a lot to meditate on, for sure. And you are right--it doesn't stop at any age! Then again if we stopped exploring these topics then we'd effectively die. Change=life!

    Much Love and Peace,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      It's true that change is life. Still, I guess I just feel I should be a bit clearer about where I want to go at this ripe age ;D

      Hope you're having a lovely weekend,
      Chloë

      Delete
  3. I love this version of the Star card. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to seeing more of this deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cher,
      Nice to see you again. This is an interesting, if rather non-traditional deck. Some of the images definitely seem a far cry from anything you'd normally associate with them, but I find that helps with intuitive, off-the-wall readings ;)

      Delete