Friday, 8 March 2013

Plugged In

©Orna Ben-Shoshan
For our last day with the Alphabet for Lovers, another rather surreal card that seems to bring up more questions than answers.

Here we have card 1, first aspect of Aleph, and subtitled: "A new page in the relationship".  There is something both sweet and creepy about the image.  It looks as though this couple are plugged into one another.  Does that mean they are in tune, understanding and respecting each other?  Or might it indicate codependency, an excessive attachment and over-monitoring of one another? 

And what's with the strange trumpet-headed bird on the man's shoulder?  Is he full of himself, blowing his own trumpet?  Or is the bird issuing a warning of some kind?

The subtitle suggests that there is a new beginning possible here.  Is that because there is a new closeness, a new understanding through tuning in to one another?

And what if it is our Higher Self, the inner aspect of the divine, that we are plugged into?  Does that then make the bird a messenger, an angel?

I'm hoping my Dear One and I will tune into one another today.  It's been a stressful few weeks, and we could do with some closeness and a bit of downtime.  Perhaps that's part of the answer: that kind of connectedness is good, so long as we don't expect it all the time!

I am grateful for loving connections.

2 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed this week's posts, Chloe. I think this artists decks are beautiful, even though I don't own any. Since I study Kabbalah, it makes them that bit more interesting. I always thought of getting the 78 Names of God one. Do you have that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PLN,

      No, I don't have that one, I'm afraid. I'd be interested to hear what you make of it, given you also have knowledge of the Kabbalah!

      Hope you're having a good weekend,
      Chloë

      Delete