Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Protection

©Kim Krans
Today's card from the Wild Unknown Tarot (Kim Krans, 2012) follows directly on from yesterday's Three of Pentacles.

In the Four of Pentacles, we once again have black-etched Pentacles ringed around with brighter colours.  This time, though, they are also hemmed in by lines that cross around them, keeping the shading around them at bay.  In the centre, a few thin lines with a bit of colour along them.

Are these Pentacles locking something in, or keeping something else out?  They don't share any of their colour with the shaded area outside their little patch, and yet there is an emptiness at their centre. Overall, then, perhaps a good description of miserliness or clinging to resources because we feel we don't have enough.

This card feels almost cutting today.  I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and it's true I've felt the need to husband my depleted energy of late.  And yet also true that I've felt a bit empty at my heart.  Perhaps this appointment will help, drawing a line under the situation so I can move on...

I am grateful to a kind and skilled doctor.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, MM! The appointment went well, but it has raised lots of questions about the future...

      Delete