Friday, 22 March 2013

TLC Choices Spread

TLC Choices Spread
Can't believe I didn't see that acronym before: Tarot and Lenormand Combined = TLC :D

In my continuing preparation for speaking at the UK Tarot Conference on this subject, I designed another practical, everyday spread combining these two systems.  The bottom Lenormand row of five is the situation, then we draw as many tarot cards as we see choices in this situation, and finally a Lenormand row of three to show the deciding factor or advice from the cards.

Recently, my therapist gave me the name of a former colleague who has now moved to my University, and suggested I contact him to talk through my new dissertation proposal before handing it in.  For some reason, I have felt loathe to do so, I think mainly due to disappointment that the last time I approached my research methodology tutor he didn't even have the courtesy to acknowledge my email.  However, my therapist says this person is very approachable and open.

What do the cards think, then, of my current situation and choices? 

Kindergarten Lenormand
The situation is Moon, Paths, Mice, Flowers, Child.  Both my reputation and my emotional well being have been tainted by past choices (Moon + Paths + Mice), yet now there is a new opportunity with potential to be a real gift (Flowers + Child).  I've been feeling very undermined (Mice), so a new emotional start (Moon + Child) would bring the gift of new options (Paths + Flowers).  Overall, then, the cards encourage me to move away from past disappointments, and to forge forward with my new dissertation title.  So, what will the tarot say about specific choices?

Incidental Tarot ©Holly DeFount
Choice A is to carry on by myself, without asking for help.  The Eight of Quills (Swords) suggests this would leave me trapped in my own ideas, assumptions and prejudices.  I might even be sealing my own fate - eek!

Choice B is to contact this tutor.  The Arrow Key (Ace of Wands) is such a beautiful, warm card, and the sun in it also echoes the Sun in the Lenormand row above it.  It says to me that there is great potential for creativity and positive forward movement if I do take the plunge and approach this man.

Kindergarten Lenormand
What advice, then, can the Lenormand add to that?  Sun, Lilies, and Dog suggest that creative energy  comes from an older man who is an acquaintance (or in this case the friend of a friend).  They also say that this older man is dependable, and can bring some clarity to the situation.  That's a big thumbs-up, then ;)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! I hope all goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still procrastinating, because I think I should have my protocol in a better state before taking it to him... Still, I did work on it today :)

    ReplyDelete