Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Where Everything Starts

©Orna Ben-Shoshan
Today's card from the Alphabet for Lovers makes a pretty big claim!  The subtitle for card 28 (the first aspect of Yod) is: "The small point where everything starts."

On it we see a couple, each behind what look like riot shields, and wearing blue helmets and clothes.  I'm guessing, though, that the protective shields are meant to be seen in a more scientific light.  In between the two people floats a flaming shape within a bubble.  I think it's a three-dimensional version of the Star of David, but I have no idea what it's called (any ideas, please comment!)  They appear to be floating on clouds, themselves, with a rather brown, amorphous landscape behind them.

It seems like they are watching a version of the original Big Bang, though I think I'd want rather better protection in that case.  Either way, this is a card of new beginnings, of the magic of everyday life.  It reminds me a little of an old song: "Children of Coincidence" by Dory Previn (it's too old to appear on youtube, sorry).  The song talks of all the tiny coincidences that go into making up our lives "If you hadn't made that left hand turn, if I hadn't made a right..."  So too, here, this is a card of potential, of the wonder of what might be...

Today may well feel like a new beginning for me - it'll be the first time in over a week that Big Boy has gone to school.  Even with others around to help out, it reminds me of something Carla over at Rowan Tarot said a while back - that between work, cooking, eating, and sleeping, there are very few "free" hours in the day.  So, even a few less makes a big difference - I haven't done anything on the Celtic Lenormand all week, and am just barely managing my daily blogs.  Have barely shown my face on other people's blogs (I will try to catch up now he's back at school) and have also been AWOL on Facebook - hmm, perhaps that's not such a bad thing ;)

I am grateful for a little more time to make a start on things.

8 comments:

  1. It reminds me of an old song too -- 'Something's gotta give, something's gotta give, something's gotta give!' :)

    I'm glad Big Boy is feeling well enough for school and you get some free time. Use if it for fun and rest, and not 'duties' (especially arbitrary self-imposed ones)! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, if by arbitrary self-imposed duties you mean this blog, I am passionately attached to it. It's a bit of time for me to think about what's going on in my life and how to understand it, as well as a justification for my insane deck addiction ;)

      Today was pretty good: I slept, exercised, and even had time to do a personal reading, as well as getting a couple of work projects finished! Hope you had a good day, too?

      Cxx

      Delete
    2. By arbitrary self-imposed ones, I mean anything that you made up for yourself to do that you then do because you 'have' to and not because you want to.

      I've had some heart-felt feedback from tarot clients lately, so I'm finding that very rewarding. Writing up a reading can be quite draining for me.

      Other than that, too much chocolate! And I somehow did my self a mischief and my back has put me out of commission for anything but sitting and standing for the last four days. Notice I didn't include lying down. Sleep is a nightmare, every time I stir or turn over, it wakes me up with the ouchies! But it seems to slowly be getting better.

      Delete
    3. Very sorry to hear about your back - that sounds awful! Does hubby give you massages? I've been putting Deep Relief on my back and arm recently, and it seems to help.

      Feel well!

      Delete
    4. Glad to report the back seems to have more or less righted itself. But I am now quite, quite shy of trying another workout.

      Delete
    5. How about trying something a bit more gentle to get you going... :)

      Delete
  2. I like this card. I love the riot gear. It makes me think that they are both self protective but may have found a spark or a reason to let that go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's a lovely take on it, Arwen! They haven't put the riot gear down yet, but maybe that's just because they're still stunned by the fireworks between them ;)

      Delete