Thursday, 4 April 2013

Flaming Warrior

©Betty Sanchez & Napo
Today we have another Court card from the Napo Tarot (US Games, 1998).

This time, it is the fiery Knight of Wands who comes charging onto our screens.  He rides bareback on a pure white horse, who looks back calmly at his rider.  The Knight seems rather skimpily dressed in a red tunic, though it does give him a fair bit of freedom of movement ;)  He also waves a rough green-striped club/wand above his head with more enthusiasm than precision.  Meanwhile, the background is a rainbow of stripes at the bottom, curving up into yellow, orange and red flame-stripes at the top. 

I really like this card, it has such a sense of innocence and passion combined!  The Knight of Wands is full of enthusiasm, and gets moving fast.  However, his stead suggests he could sometimes do with a calming influence.

I'm not really feeling the enthusiasm as I write this, but hopefully that will come later.  There are several things that I am excited about, so if my energy increases I could imagine getting moving on them.  As for a calming influence, I'm seeing my therapist today...

I am grateful for a renewed sense of energy - come on Universe, I'm willing :)

8 comments:

  1. He is a fun card isn't he? Look at all the mental energy (Yellow) tinged with confidence (orange) and action (red). He's certainly on the move. Wands is an active energy and I love how he holds that green club above his head, ready to bash down anything that gets in his way - the green, illustrates his creativity is about to be expanded!

    I wonder if the White horse represent his true spirit? One that is always on the move, ready to try out anything anywhere. I love how beneath the horses feet green in its many shades springs to one side while purple through to pink is on the other and blue just spreads itself out at the back. Kinights are like the teenagers of the court cards aren't they? They are about the deliever the message of their suit - that whole array of colours shows us the process of reflection (ideads coming up - blue), how to expand them so that they become fertile thoughts (green), and the confidence and self belief that he needs to carry them out (Purple and pink - wisdom and self love).

    This card does tend to shout out to me, come on it's time to change things! (the mix up of colours also seems to indicate that idea that you don't have to stay in one mode you can always choose another.)

    Ride on Knight! Oh don't forget he's a no. 12 card which breaks down to 3 - that's the number that shows us how creative energy combines various elements to bring them all together to work as one.

    I've waffled again sorry ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't apologise, Helen, I love your insights! :) I especially like what you wrote about the rainbow indicating you don't have to stay in one mode, and the numerology telling us that he's ever creative :D

      I've really enjoyed using this deck. It wasn't one that was on my radar, I just saw it on somebody's "For Sale" list and thought "Why not?" - glad I did ;)

      Delete
  2. You know, you think you're a Queen of Swords, but from what I've seen you are actually a Knight of Wands. Have you ever in your life backed off from anything? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually backed off from stuff, but I'll admit I tend to have a can-do attitude. I guess it goes to show we're all a mix of the Courts, as I do also see a lot of the Queen of Swords in myself, but I'll admit to a good dose of Knight of Wands, too ;D

      Delete
  3. I love the white horse amongst all the colors of this card. For me, the horse represents what remains to be colored. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card, isn't it! Like Carla, I also see the Knight of Wands in you .. with a large dose of the 'get on with it' Knight of Pentacles mixed in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the card is gorgeous, in fact the whole deck is quite unusual and interesting :) As for this Court card thing, it's funny. I'd say in the Pentacles suit I associate most with the Page/Princess, rather than the Knight. With the Knight of Wands, the Queen of Swords, and I'd rather give the Cups courts a miss :D Guess that makes me King of Cups, in some ways...

      Delete