Friday, 26 April 2013

Lennie Week 6 - Byron Bay Beach Lenormand

We started the week in Australia, and so it seemed fitting to go full circuit and end there on our last day of this Lennie Week.  The Byron Bay Beach Lenormand is a photographic deck, with all the images taken at the Byron Bay Beach (where else?!)  It makes for a modern, quite funky and still very readable deck, self-published by Lynn Boyle (2013).


Today's cards are Star, Flowers and Snake.  So, a few keyword sentences:

Cosmetic plans bring delays - whether it's beautifying your face or your house, it'll take longer than expected.
Inviting technology is curvaceous - hmm, a marketing statement for selling new gadgets...
Planning a gift for another woman.
Charming guidance from a woman.
Artistic technology is a winding path.

The last is the one that most resonates with me.  Today, I have my first class with a tutor to learn to use Photoshop Elements.  This is the kind of thing where I think having a person to ask, and being able to see things being done in practice, will be helpful. 

And why, you might ask, do I want to learn Photoshop?  Well, in just a few weeks Will Worthington will be delivering all the completed artwork for the Celtic Lenormand!  I'm so excited :D Still, as I've mentioned before, I want to edit the cards myself and send them in a way that will encourage US Games to publish them without borders ;) Cue Photoshop.

I also have another project in mind, another Lenormand from public domain images, different to anything I've seen out there so far...

I am grateful for the opportunity to learn something new. 

And if you'd also like to learn something new, I'm running a workshop on how to read Lenormand cards on 11th May in London - you can sign up using the Paypal button at the top right of this page, or click here for more information :)

2 comments:

  1. These cards are gorgeous! Artistically light and bright just like an Aussie Summer they deliver the message to you straight with no punches pulled. I've had mine a few weeks now and love them :)

    ReplyDelete