Sunday, 21 April 2013

Lennie Week 6 - Victorian Lenormand

Our second self-published deck this week is the Victorian Lenormand by Willis Briggs.  I like that this deck is black-and-white, with simple, clear images.  And it's now also available in a very cute mini version ;)


Today's cards are Cross, Bear and Fish.  Brainstorming on the keywords gives me:

Weight burdens lead to monetary exchange - buying into some kind of weight loss programme.
Strong support in commerce - a company with a good customer service departement.
Managerial karma brings in money - a corporate policy of rewarding good ideas or hard work pays dividends.
Motherly faith is repaid.

Though I could do with losing a few pounds, I can't see myself buying into anything that promises weight loss.  I know what I need to do is feel a little less stressed, then I'll eat better.  No miracle cures will help me live my life in joy, I have to work on that for myself!  As Arwen says, seeking joy isn't always easy, but it's always worthwhile :)

Instead, the last one chimes most with me.  I am praying that Big Boy will be well enough to go to school tomorrow.  He's been a bit up and down this weekend, so today will be the decider, as he needs to be 24 hours symptom-free before we can safely send him in.  We'd all love for him to go, Big Boy most of all.  We sometimes bribe him to do things by saying that after he does he can go to school!  An unusual child in many ways ;)

I am grateful for ear thermometers, analgesics, and a cheerful disposition.

3 comments:

  1. Haha. That's funny. It was always the other way round for me. Most of the time, I didn't enjoy school. Especially if it was P.E. day.

    I was talking to my mother-in-law yesterday about weight and we discussed those new fasting and 'diet two days, eat normally for the rest of the week' diets. I said that so far, just eating healthily and doing a bit of exercise seems to be the thing that works the best for me. Knocking out bread and potatoes was a good step too.

    I really like this black and white Lenormand deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knocking out bread and potatoes! Wow. What would I eat? I'm already vegan. LOL. I think knocking out sugar is what I need, but I'm just not ready for that right now. I don't want to stop. What is it that I'm padding myself against, I wonder (with this extra weight I've put on)? Or is it just that I'm greedy?

      I'll go with strong support in commerce for your interpretation...maybe it has something to do with your US Games deal???

      Delete
    2. Hi PLN,
      Now in that I was weird - I always rather enjoyed P.E. ;)

      If only eating healthily were that easy! I mainly eat very healthily - normally about 10 portions of fresh fruit and veg a day, very little bread and potatoes. However, like Carla, sugar (and especially chocolate) are my downfall. And stress definitely triggers me to eat it :(

      I agree, this Lenormand works very nicely. I like the black and white, and the images fit the theme well, too :)

      Hi Carla,

      I doubt that you are greedy, based on what I've seen of you. I think there are a lot of emotional triggers involved in eating. Also, there was a programme where they showed that eating sugar quickly forms addictive pathways in the brain!

      As for the cards, nothing happened with US Games today, in fact, I've not heard from them since the deal was signed - I guess they're just waiting for me to hand everything over and will only hassle me if I'm late...

      My motherly faith wasn't repaid, either - Big Boy is still ill :( Perhaps, the cards could be seen as being more about an exchange of burdens leading to overeating... that definitely fits my day :/

      Delete