Wednesday, 10 April 2013

(Not So) Wordless Wednesday

Well, so here's my second zentangle - a straight up random pattern, rather than trying to overcomplicate things.  This time, I did it in an artist's sketchbook - ie. proper paper.  I started off in pencil, thinking that might give me more subtlety.  What it mainly gave me, though, was dirty hands.  So I swapped back to a black sharpie :D  Still, the bottom two patterns are in pencil (bet you guessed). 

All this to say, there's definitely a long learning curve still ahead of me.  I do find it quite meditative, though, actually creating these, even if they're not something I'd want to hang on my own wall (or anywhere else).

8 comments:

  1. It's lovely. The whole point of tangling is to quiet the mind. "One Line At A Time" according to the creators (http://www.zentangle.com). It's not about the end result so much as it is how you get there. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Arwen, rationally I know it's about the process, but then there's the bit of me that loves pretty pictures... ;D

      Delete
  2. It looks fab, Chloe!

    JJ got me into this some time ago and it really is fun. I got my friend having a go and she went home with the sketch pad and the pen to continue. She didn't class herself as being particularly artistic but loved the results.

    You've done a great job. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine your zentangles being incredibly intricate and beautiful, PLN! Looking at zentangle books today, I came across a Learn to do Manga art book, and it looked so complicated in comparison, yet I've seen your skill with that. Ah well, practice and all that... ;)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, this looks really good. I haven't heard of these before, but am heading off to zentangle.com now. Seems like something I could use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Erina,

      Arwen (of tarotbyarwen.com) got me into it, and it really is both meditative and fun. Will look forward to seeing if you do put it into practice :)

      Delete
  4. I think it's awesome!! I love that you're doing this. Great way to meditate. Yes...pencil is messy. Charcoal is messier!

    Hope you have a good day. xooxx
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - charcoal is messier! Yep, think I'll steer clear of that. I'm really enjoying these, and just ordered some pens that someone else recommended...
      Wishing you a lovely weekend,
      Cxx

      Delete