Friday, 19 April 2013

Tree or Signpost?

©Mibramig
For our last day with the Mibramig Magical Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2013), we have our third Court card in a row!

This time it is the Queen of Swords who graces our screens.  A gentle-faced monkey, she sits her throne calmly sword held in her right hand, and her left raised as though in welcome.  I love the curly clouds behind her, almost voluptuous in their pale pink curves in a sky that shades towards ocher (though it looks simply pink in this scan).  The lion-clawed feet of her throne make me smile, a sharpness kept somewhat hidden and controlled.  I also really like the tree to the left of the background.  At first I thought it was a signpost, which would be rather apropos.  Then, based on another being found to the right as well, I realised it must be a tree.  Still, trees too can guide us, pointing the way to water, guiding us to a more habitable zone...

This Queen, then, has a sharpness to her that she knows how to keep under wraps.  She is fair and welcoming, and uses her mind to help guide herself and others through life.

Big Boy is off school still today, I just hope he's well enough to go back by Monday!  Still, although his illness has put a crimp on both my and my Dear One's plans for the week, I hope we can both empathise with our poor boy feeling sick and sorry for himself.  And hopefully I can read the signs well enough today to make him feel a little better - giving him the right amount of play, rest, food and medicine at the right times...

I am grateful for the signs that help guide me through life.

4 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 <----- for big boy
    <3 <3 <3 <----- for his wonderful, devoted mother

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Lisa! Wishing you a wonderful weekend, too :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear BB has been so poorly lately. I hope that the coming of spring will bring with it health and healing. Roll on, sun! xx

    ReplyDelete