Tuesday, 2 April 2013

What Would Victory Look Like?

©Betty Sanchez & Napo
After yesterday's call to change, today we have the Six of Wands, card of Victory, from the Napo Tarot (US Games, 1998)!

What I see here is a Native American riding a proud steed, a rough, wooden club held in one hand.  He wears an amazing, intricate cape, as well as red headgear with a red-tipped feather.  Five more wooden clubs hand in the air, as though suspended by the sharp lines of the background that jags betweeen pale blue, tan and indigo.

This card makes me wonder what image the Native Americans had of success when they started fighting the invaders to their lands.  They have achieved a lot more in the way of recognition and independence in the last couple of decades, but I wonder whether their forefathers would appreciate that, or simply see what has been lost.

We don't always achieve what we set out to.  Still, it is valuable to celebrate our victories, no matter how small nor how different from our original intentions.

Big Boy is somewhat better, though he still has spikes in his temperature and the occasional coughing fit.  Sleeping much better, though, and that is a victory I'm glad to celebrate.  And I have been doing quite well on my new intention to do at least a card a day for the Celtic Lenormand.  Of course, I'd love to have the time to do 5 or 10 each day, and some additional research.  Still, I'll count my blessings and celebrate what I do manage :)

I am grateful for more sleep and more energy to devote to the projects I value.

7 comments:

  1. Victory would look like me getting my TABI endorsement! I finished yesterday, yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!!! You stormed through that: piece of cake once you had a mentor you got on with :) Hope you feel you got something from it, more than just a bit of paper... So, how are you going to/did you celebrate it? :D

      Delete
    2. It was certainly useful to have a variety of clients, and to sort of be forced to do queries I would normally decline. (Tiresome love stuff). My mentor hardly ever made suggestions, and absolutely never corrected me or sent me back to do over. I don't know what was up with that other one, because I don't think my style has changed. (My mentor said on the announcement: 'Carla's style and format are a little unusual, and definitely worth having a look at in the FR forum' --whatever does she mean? ha ha)

      Delete
    3. Oh, to celebrate -- I guess I'll figure out how to get the TABI Endorsed logo on my website. ha

      Delete
    4. Hope you did something more fun than just figuring out the logo biz! And glad you got something out of it. Though I know what you mean about the love readings - they can be rather depressing sometimes. Other times, though, they can also be inspiring...

      Delete
  2. This is such an intriguing deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather lovely, and quite unusual. I think it's OOP - certainly, I couldn't find it on the US Games site. Was delighted to hear they're re-issuing the Ancestral Path Tarot (on a completely different note). That's one where I might get a back-up copy!

      Delete