Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Challenges

By Moore, Pastorello & Ariganello
Another interesting card here from the Book of Shadows Tarot: So Below (Lo Scarabeo, 2013).

Rather than a man on horseback surrounded by a cheering crowd, here we have a woman scaling a boulder, with the help of some salamanders.   These fire elementals encourage her in her project, giving her energy and helping guide her way forward. 

The colours of this card add a very interesting dimension.  The boulder is purple, representing wisdom: this is a challenge that she scales which may bring her material benefits, but it will also be a deep learning experience.  Her outfit is more pink: she has taken this on out of love, either of a cause, or even self-love.  Maybe she is doing this to prove to herself that she can ;) 

As for me, part of my challenge and learning curve today may be connected to the Beltane Tarot Blog Hop, going live at 4pm this afternoon.  Once again, I signed up to write three different posts for this hop: yeah, I know, I'm a blog-aholic! ;)  And though I wrote the posts over the course of the last two weeks, today the challenge is to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible with the roll-out.  Three posts means six neighbouring blogs in the circle, and making sure all those links (mine and theirs, nine in total) are in and correct.  Sounds simple, but it never seems to work that way...

Perhaps more to the point, yesterday I had another inspiration regarding the structure of the companion book for the Celtic Lenormand.  Now I'll need that fiery salamander energy to help me push through to the (hopefully successful) completion of this project :D

I am grateful for the fire of inspiration and the energy to bring that inspiration to fruition.

2 comments:

  1. I've not held either deck in hands, but I sure like this one better then the first. There is lots to think about here. Thanks for sharing, Sharyn/A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is definitely a more easily readable deck, while still holding many variations and delights. Always glad to share :)

      Delete