Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Dashing King

By W. Crane & E. Fitzpatrick
Yet another Court Card today from the Harmonious Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2005).  This time it's the King of Wands.

Once again, his colouring and symbolism is a bit of a mish-mash.  He holds a short, wooden wand with leaves sprouting from it in his right hand, like a walking stick.  However, his left hand rests just above the pommel of a sword strapped to his waist.  And though his throne has a red seat, he himself is dressed in a blue shirt with gold trim and green trousers.  There is also a frilly pink curtain behind him, and farther in the background an armour-clad knight on a rearing steed dressed in yellow.  The countryside around him is gently undulating, with grass and pink flowers, also not particularly fiery.  Altogether, there's not much to indicate the element of Fire in this King of Wands card!

However, this King does look quite commanding and strong.  And I like the Knight in the background: either the active alter-ego of our King, or a Knight at his command.  The King of Wands is a leader others will follow into battle, charismatic and inspiring.

Now that the emergency with Big Boy is over, I'm hoping I can get on with the projects that inspire me.  Pepi's first magazine (aff) rekindled my desire to get on with my second Lenormand deck idea.  However, I need to finish the Celtic Lenormand companion book first, as well as checking some legal details that were brought to my attention last week.  Still, after the last couple of days of doctors and hospitals, even legal research sounds appealing ;)

Update: Bah, Big Boy is ill again!  Perhaps I can see the King of Wands in my making some quick decisions on it, and enlisting the help of some others...

I am grateful to get back on track with the projects that inspire me.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all is well and you have so many creative things you are manifesting!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah, I *spoke* too soon! He's ill again, maybe caught something either at the doctor's or the hospital. So, he's not going to school, at I'm probably not going to get anything done :(

      Delete
  2. The words "dashing king" set me off on an auditory remembrance of the Monty Python song about Dennis Moore which used the tune from the old Robin Hood television series from 50 years ago. I shall paraphrase both:

    Dashing King, Dashing King
    Riding through the glen
    Dashing King, Dashing King
    With his band of men
    Feared by the bad, loved by the good
    Dashing King, Dashing King, Mr. King.

    I felt he needed a dash of music, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks for the musical interlude, JJ :)

      Delete