Monday, 6 May 2013

Discworld?

©Ricardo Minetti & Mara Aghem
On this Bank Holiday Monday, the Fey Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2003) presents us with a curious version of the World.

This image makes me think of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels, where the planet rides on four elephants which are themselves on the back of a huge turtle swimming through the cosmos.  Here, though, it is a snail that holds the World on its shell.  Or perhaps, given it actually only holds a chunk of land with a several towers, a mountain and a dragon, it is the snail itself that is the world... 

And in some ways, this is a wonderful depiction of the completion and perfection represented by this archetype.  After all, the snail's shell displays a Fibonnaci number pattern, an algorithm found in nature from the micro to the macrocosm. 

What can we take from this, then?  Perhaps that while our successes may not be world records, we should still celebrate each small victory, the completion of each phase of our personal path.

As for me, today I hope to finish a project I've been working on for a couple of weeks.  It's been time-consuming and very detailed work, with a bit of a learning curve.  Not anything tarot or Lenormand related, but it needed doing :)

I am grateful for successes large or small.

6 comments:

  1. Yay!

    Congrats on your project completion. It's a good feeling, and all of those projects do add up and make a difference.

    Hugs to you,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, wait til tomorrow for the congratulations, MM, I haven't finished it yet. I just contemplate its possibility with this card. That being so, I'd better get to work...

      XOXO,
      Chloë

      Delete
  2. Have a great bank holiday Monday!! As the card suggests, may the pace of your world be slow and steady and sure today. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I like that interpretation of this card, Carla! :D

      Delete
  3. Lovely card. This deck gave me the creeps so bad I sent it to South America as a gift. I can handle the cards one by one apparently :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And life also changes us: you might feel very differently about this deck now... :)

      Delete