Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Lennie Week 7 - Tattered Nomad Oracle

While Shaheen Miro, the creator of this lovely deck, doesn't call it a Lenormand, as far as I can tell that is only because there are a couple of extra cards.  Totalling 43 cards, the deck is a sometimes busy mix of public domain images, layered together in very interesting ways.  The Tattered Nomad (2013) reads well using the traditional Lenormand system, and offers a few quirky additions.  Happily, one of these came up in today's reading :)


Here we have the Bat, the Dog, and the Lilies.  While Shaheen has a positive take on the Bat, I'll take the liberty of going with my own keywords.

A fearful friend finds some peace.
Uncertainty around a passionate friendship.
A friend is tangled up by their passion.
Entanglements result from loyal passion.
Fears about a harmonious friendship.
Dogged fears are finally laid to rest.

The health issues that resurfaced with Big Boy a couple of weeks ago are still causing trouble.  Today, therefore, I plan to take him to the GP's again, as well as handing back some tests that we carried out at home over the weekend.  Fingers crossed that together these will do something towards laying to rest my fears over his well-being!

I am grateful that fears can be tamed.

12 comments:

  1. Well done for taking liberties! You go girl. :)

    Is the Dog, then, both you and Big Boy in your interpretation?

    Hope he feels better soon, much positive energy to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee. I figure so long as I stick to my keywords, as they are non-traditional cards I can choose how to read them :)

      For me, the Dog was more about the dogged-ness (a negative version of faithfulness) of the fears, as opposed to representing a particular person... Anyhow, the GP prescribed yet more antibiotics (his fifth round this year!) Fingers crossed that'll sort the issue out, for now at least.

      Hugs, C

      Delete
  2. You and Big Boy are in my thoughts, Chloe. This deck looks wonderful. I went to the web site but didn't see any prices listed for the various sizes. (Yeah, sadly, the price does matter to me.) Do I need to contact Shaheen to get prices?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zanna!

      As for the deck, yep, I'd drop Shaheen a line. He's very friendly and happy to help out with queries :)

      Delete
  3. I love this deck! Your post reminded me I needed to use this gorgeous deck more. Shaheen was so generous to give it to me, and it's just gorgeous and I really love the style.

    As always, I like your review of possible interpretations. Sending only good wishes to Big Boy and you.

    XOXOX,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes! And glad to have nudged you to post with this deck, too :D

      Lenormand Hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete
  4. Glad to see this deck on your blog. I think it is beautiful. And I like that it can be read how one wishes (even though all decks can really). It's so stylish.

    I spent the day with Shaheen when he was in London a few years ago. He's a top guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you, meeting Shaheen. I've loved it whenever I've met up with someone from this little community of ours :)

      This isn't my favourite style of artwork, but it is a beautiful deck, very well thought out, and I love the extras!

      Delete
  5. I always liked Shaheen's deck, just can't afford it, but I REALLY love the name "Tattered Nomad"--magic!

    So enchanting when people add cards to convention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, the name is wonderful, and the extra cards are a lot of fun! :)

      Delete
  6. I think you are drawing these cards for me.:-/ This is the 2nd day the interpretations seem especially relevant for me. I was just going to draw some cards about a possibly toxic friendship of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the cards are speaking to you, Siddaleah! Sorry about the toxic friendship, though. Tough choices there...

      Delete