Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Over the Rainbow

©Ricardo Minetti & Mara Aghem
A charming and different version of the Ten of Chalices (Cups) greets us today from the Fey Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2003).

In the traditional RWS image we see a couple standing hand-in-hand in front of a pretty little house with children dancing around them and a rainbow above them.  About the only common element in this fey card is the rainbow.  And yet, with this pair of opposites, the blue fey man and the red fey woman, there is still a sense of homecoming, perhaps against the odds.  The two fey creatures sit back-to-back inside a golden chalice encrusted with multi-hued gems.  Each holds one hand outstretched from which shines a bright light, and the rays of light arc up and over them, joining and forming a rainbow.

I really like this depiction for the Ten of Cups.  It doesn't say there is necessarily a perfect little family and home.  Yet it does say that we can find someone (or people) to have our back, and with whom we share a bond of joyful emotion.

This is a somewhat strange card for me to receive today, as I depart for another quick business trip.  However, though I am leaving my Dear One and Big Boy behind, I am supposed to be having dinner with 11 relations this evening (as they live close to where I'll be staying).  Normally, I feel these are my family, but not the one I chose, nor the one that would choose me.  I've never even mentioned tarot or Lenormand to most of them, and I'm not sure I ever will.  Maybe, though, I should.  See who really does have my back...

I am grateful for the people in my life who know and love me.

6 comments:

  1. What a nice change from the traditional image of the 10ofC and I love your interpretation of "who's got your back". It reminds me of how I see the 2ofC in the Ludy Lescot deck.
    I wish you all the best with your trip my friend.

    xox,
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Krysten! Can't remember the Ludy Lescot 2ofC - will have to dig it out again :)

      Hope you are well and enjoying life!
      Cxx

      Delete
  2. Interesting that the 'faery' expression of love here is like the Two of Cups from the Tarot of the Sidhe -- back to back and with a rainbow. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that, but it's true :)

      Delete
  3. This is really sweet. For some demented reason, however, I imagined they were both made of gummy candy and I was going to eat them. I think this is a sign that I need to go to bed...

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, sounds like tired-munchies to me ;)
      Hope you slept well, MM!
      Hugs,
      Cxxx

      Delete