Saturday, 4 May 2013

Soul Searching Spread

By Ricardo Minetti & Mara Aghem
This morning, I devised a short spread based on the Knave of Chalices from the Fey Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2003.  The two positions are:

1)  What should I know of my soul in this moment? Knight of Pentacles

At the moment, my soul says I both have to be and should be a steadfast worker.  I see this referring to caring for my son, which sometimes feels like a daily grind.  Yet, it also talks about the dedication and staying power required of several of the projects I'm working on at the moment, particularly the Celtic Lenormand companion book. 

It's easy for me to get distracted by other thoughts and plans, especially with a host of different projects and deadlines for my day job, too.  Still, the Celtic Lenormand is something that matters deeply to me, and which needs a fair bit of work to do it justice.  And this card says my soul has the ability to focus on the work that needs doing.

By Ricardo Minetti & Mara Aghem
2)  What enlightenment can I gain from this knowledge?  Ten of Swords

Yikes, if I don't stick to what I need to get done, things may all come tumbling down around me as I'm shown to have feet of clay!  Definitely not what I want :( 

This Ten of Swords, with her broken sword, speaks of things falling apart if we don't keep our mind focused and clear.  So, though I sometimes feel the Knight of Pentacles is a bit of a plodder, that is the energy I need to harness right now.  I notice him looking back over his shoulder at a fancy castle.  Afterwards, though, he faces forward again and hops onward with his bunny steed :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice quick effective spread. Got the Knave and Ace of chalices for my two cards using my Fey deck. It is a deck I have put away but just can't seem to part with!! BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What lovely cards to draw for this :) As for the deck, maybe it would like to come out again for a little while ;)

      Delete
  2. This is a very relevant and immediate message for you. Great spread. The short and sweet ones are almost invariably best, aren't they! (Wow, those 10s seem to be haunting you a bit lately. Or am I seeing a pattern that isn't there?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I used to think that three was the perfect number for a spread, and less wasn't really a "spread", just a couple of cards. Then I saw someone using two card spreads to great effect (I think it might have been Tarot Bonkers), and I've been doing quite a few ever since :) As for the 10's, there have certainly been a few this week...

      Delete