Thursday, 2 May 2013

Tea Party

By Moore, Pastorello & Ariganello
A rather more traditional card today from the Book of Shadows Tarot: So Below (Lo Scarabeo, 2013).

On this Six of Cups we have a mother taking part in a children's tea party.  The little group are accompanied by a couple of undines, adding a splash of magic to the festivities.

In this, I see regular interpretations of revisiting childhood dreams and memories.  It could, though, also be taken as a suggestion to let our inner child out, or even as encouragement to spend time with children.

At a personal level, this card leaves me feeling a little sad.  Seeing this mother playing happily with her two children reminds me of how my Dear One and I have been trying, so far unsuccessfully, for a second child.  I know that I am lucky to have all I do: a loving partner, a happy, good-natured son, and work projects I enjoy.  Still, there is a touch of sadness at this unrealised dream.

I am grateful for those dreams in my life that have come true.

4 comments:

  1. Keep your chin up.

    On another note, are you bothered by LS cardstock? I find I dislike the long, skinny shape. Maybe I'm too picky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, LS cardstock doesn't bother me at all! I've gotten very used to the shape, and I love so many of their decks it often feels "tarot" shaped to me ;)

      Delete
  2. Sending you love and wishes for all of your hopes and wishes to come to fruition

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krysten! <3 Wishing you likewise a bountiful and happy time :)

      Delete