Monday, 10 June 2013

Bird Tree

Today's card is the Six of Wands from the Fairy Lights Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2013), yet it bears little relation to any card of that name I've seen before.

Instead of a man riding in a triumphal parade, surrounded by others, there is a single female figure.  Her top half is naked and bathed in light.  She holds a bird on a branch-like hand, while her hair seems to morph into a large bird, or else it's sitting on her head, wings spread.  Her bottom half, though, is dark and seems clothed with bark, melding into the earth.  Is she a tree or a bird?  Or influenced by what is around her, maybe?

I see nothing of victory here, nothing of success and the accolades of others, nor of many hands making light work.  Instead, the message to me seems to be one of communing with nature and adapting to what is around you.

Tuning in to nature, to the sound of birdsong often outside my window in the morning when I meditate, is something I do often.  Perhaps a suggestion to make it more of the focus of today's meditation...  As for adapting to the circumstances you find, I may well have to do that today as I'll be taking Big Boy out of school early for a consultation with a neurologist at GOSH.  Hurry up and wait is so often the motto of the NHS, but at least they are there and knowledgeable.

I am grateful for the birds outside my window each morning.

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty card. It reminds me more of the 9 of Pentacles, but I love it. The colors are beautiful. Wishing you a positive health consultation today--hope all goes well.

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean about the 9 of Pents, but have a watch of the vid - the actual 9 of Pents is really beautiful!

      As for the consult, it was quite useful - I really like that particular doctor. Opened up some new avenues, and she said the next appointment shouldn't take too long to come...

      Hugs,
      Cxx

      Delete
  2. Hope the consultation went well for you both. I went out for my 2-mile walk this morning and focussed on the wind and birdsong. It was lovely.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only time I don't like birdsong is when I'm trying to sleep, but our bedroom is street-side anyway :) Good for you doing your walk, too. The weather hasn't been the best, at least here...

      Cx

      Delete
  3. Is she a statue? What an unusual interpretation of the 6 of Wands indeed. I do see a feather at the bottom of the card. Did they rename the suits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, I see her more as a tree than a statue... And it isn't a feather, just a strange shaped wand, almost more like a hunting horn... No idea why :)

      Delete
  4. Hi, I.W! You say: I see nothing of victory here, nothing of success

    Lucia M., I think, uses hidden sens of the card in one of its things, like here. This hidden sence you wrote exactly in the title - Bird Tree.

    I'd write Nike Bird Tree , Goddess of Victory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vera Alex,
      Thanks for your input, I hadn't associated her with Nike. Interesting perspective :)

      Delete
  5. Her image reminded me the statue of Winged Victory of Samothrace.

    http://images.yandex.ru/yandsearch?text=Winged%20Victory%20of%20Samothrace&uinfo=ww-1259-wh-584-fw-1034-fh-448-pd-1

    I've seen it each Sunday in the Museum of Fine Art. in Moscow in my childhood.

    http://images.yandex.ru/yandsearch?text=Moscow%20Fine%20Art%20museum&uinfo=ww-1259-wh-584-fw-1034-fh-448-pd-1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fascinating, I'd never seen that statue before. Thank you for the links :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the Bird Tree! It's great!
    Couldn't you do more reading on Fairy Lights Tarot?

    This tarot is absolutly new for me and? so... ditaails are very intresting/

    ReplyDelete