Friday, 14 June 2013

Confusion

Last day with the Fairy Lights Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2013), and we have another unusual card to see us out.

In this version of the Seven of Swords, there is no person sneaking off with an armful of steel.  Instead, the image is far more reminiscent of traditional Six of Swords symbolism.  A figure who is either a red devil, or wearing a devil suit, sails a boat across a calm stretch of water.  He seems to be almost at his destination, a grassy shore.  The sky above is shot through with lightning, suggesting somewhat hazardous circumstances.  And seven fairy lights shine in his sail, adding to the confusion by making this card seem at first glance like it could be the Seven of Pentacles.

It could of course be that this devil has pinched something, perhaps those fairy lights, and is making off with them in the boat - linking to traditional ideas.  Also, thinking of the idea of working smarter, not harder, he has chosen to sail rather than fly during the storm.  Or else, we could go with a more intuitive reading, saying that though there are some troubles from clashing thoughts, opinions or arguments, still there is a sense of emotional calm, and of movement.  These arguments aren't getting the better of progress.

Today, my Dear One and I head off for another respite weekend, much needed after the last month.  So, I see in this card our journey.  There are still worries, will Big Boy be alright without us, will the weather be even half way decent (not looking likely).  However, hopefully we can leave those behind and just relax.  And should anything happen, we'll only be half an hour away in any case ;)

I am grateful for the wonderful carers who look after BB.

9 comments:

  1. Thats a beautiful card, Chloe. It somehow reminds me of the boy in Where the Wild Things Are.

    Have a good retreat! You've most definitely earned it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PLN,
      I love that book! Hadn't made the connection, but I definitely see what you mean :D

      As for the retreat, I feel a bit bad about it. Felt very sad saying goodbye to Big Boy this morning knowing I wouldn't see him til Sunday. Still, it feels good to let go of the worry for a couple of days; rest, relax, repeat... So, I'll try to make the most of it!

      Delete
    2. Don't feel guilty. He will have loads of fun with his carers and you'll both be refreshed and ready for each other upon your return. :)

      Delete
    3. I can understand. But as I always think, no news is good news. If you don't hear anything, then you can assume that all is fine and dandy.

      Have you seen the film of The Wild Things?

      Delete
    4. Thanks, Eowyn, I'm trying. I'm sure he'll have plenty of fun, yet I also miss him, so I think he may miss me, too..

      And yes, no news is generally good news, PLN :)

      Didn't know there was a film of the Wild Things, will go check it out...

      Delete
    5. Hunted for the film this afternoon as we had it here. Would have happily sent it to you. Can not find it anywhere though, so can only assume that we must have passed it on to someone else already. Isn't it funny how we have no recollection. Must be an age thing, hehe.

      Delete
    6. He he, yep, must definitely be an age thing. Had something similar just last week *doh* Anyhow, I found it on amazon for a fiver, and I have the excuse that Big Boy might like it, too ;)

      Delete
  2. Relax and enjoy the weekend. Recharge. :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol, I'm trying :) Wishing you a wonderful weekend, too!

      Delete