Thursday, 20 June 2013

Flying High

Today we meet our third Court card of the week from the Tarot of the Black Cats (Lo Scarabeo, 2013), another Page, this time of Swords. 

Once again, there is a lot of charm to this young, black cat.  He floats on black, angel wings between two tall, jagged mountain peaks.  In the distance we see a river plain, yet our cat seems far removed for it, flying up with the eagles amongst the clouds.  This Page holds a cat-headed sword, and wears a golden necklace, which matches the eyes that stare out at us in a challenging fashion.

What I see here is someone who will take an idea and run with it, though it may well trip them up at some point.  They play with ideas, taking them to their extremes to see what insight that might bring.  Enjoying having an overview, they may sometimes look down on others who have less vision.  Ultimately, though, they are truth-seekers and, with a little time, will realise that the view from up high is only one perspective on the world.

For me, there is also a more literal interpretation to this card: today I fly back home.  Not on angel wings, but British Airways will hopefully get me home safe and sound.  This afternoon I also have a couple of appointments that may well lead to new insights and understandings, so this card really seems very appropriate.

I am grateful for new perspectives on life.

6 comments:

  1. Well, you are certainly discovering the cute decks. I am not familiar with this one - but as a black cat fan, it seems I need to get this. I love the interpretation - esp. your personal one about "flying back home". Ah if only we could fly on our own wings instead of the airlines...I bet we'd be more efficient! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you definitely need to get this ;) And yes, tarot can be very literal, too! Not sure how efficient I'd be as a flyer, though - might get distracted by the wonderful views, or just focus on the amazing feeling of flying and the moves I could make :D

      Delete
  2. The Page of Swords came up for me today too. :-) I hope you had a pleasant flight back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was excellent! After an hour's delay on the way there, on the way back they forgot to widen out the seat I was supposed to be sitting in. So, they upgraded me to business class - score! :D

      Delete
  3. haha ... just had to chuckle when you said you were flying home today. I am enjoying these cards very much. Hope you get/got home safely. Always nice to be home after a journey away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was lovely to be home :) Glad you've enjoyed this deck, it is a fun one!

      Delete