Monday, 24 June 2013

Lennie Week 8 - Game of Hope Lenormand

Today's deck is a re-edited copy of the original Lenormand deck, which at that point wasn't even called a Lenormand deck.  Created by Johann Kaspar Hechtel at the end of the 1700's, it was called the Game of Hope (Das Spiel der Hoffnung).  This deck has been re-edited by Lauren Forestell from a deck held by the British Museum, and is a fascinating glimpse at the history of Lenormands.


Our draw for the day is Birds, Clouds, and Moon.  Riffing on this gets me:

Talking about emotional confusion.
Confusion and nervousness around a question of reputation.
Gossip about someone's uncertain reputation.

Unusually, for me, I don't see counselling and emotional talk in this draw.  Rather, today I am going to be talking with some business colleagues about how a choice we're faced with could affect the company's reputation.  What I see in this draw is the suggestion that things really could go either way, but that talking it through from a number of perspectives is the best option.

I am grateful for colleagues from a variety of departments.


No comments:

Post a Comment