Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Run For The Hills!

Another week, and another deck where the Tower comes out to challenge us.  As with all the other cards, the Fairy Lights Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2013) version is quite unusual.

A Tower sits atop a bluff on a cliff.  A path curls up and around to it, down which a number of people and creatures are racing.  Presumably, these are the inhabitants of the Tower, now making a run for it as a beam of light strikes the highest point of the building, sending stones crashing down on the rooves and courtyard below.  It's interesting, the lightbeam doesn't look like lightning.  For one thing, it seems to be an otherwise bright and cheerful day.  For another, it is such a straight ray of light, almost more like a laserbeam.  Is this attack from a more scientifically or magically advanced group/species?  I also find it curious that the Tower's inhabitants include a pig, some geese, and a humongous butterfly. 

I rather like the idea of running for the hills.  When trouble strikes, sometimes the most sensible idea is to make yourself scarce for a while.  That might mean distancing yourself from a person in whose presence you feel bad, or it could mean leaving a situation that doesn't allow you to grow or feel nurtured.  And sometimes we have to actually move, while other times we can simply go elsewhere in our thoughts.  This isn't always the answer, but sometimes retreat really is the best option.

For me today, I think this is about just getting away from the stresses of home and focusing elsewhere for a time.  My Dear One and I are going to meet up with Will Worthington and his wife today, to pick up the final paintings for the Celtic Lenormand.  If that doesn't distract me from Big Boy's poor sleep and breathing, nothing will ;)

I am grateful to be involved in such a fascinating project.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That's so cool, I never thought about what happens to the original paintings. Do you get to keep them? :) I hope you enjoy your time away from things that have been troubling you lately. Congratulations!!

    You know, maybe this card is a big turning point for you, maybe today will spark something in you to set you an entirely new path. Maybe those people have been working toward drawing down that magic-looking beam and now they're flapping and hooting their way down the hill and out of the way in triumph. 'Wahoo! We did it1 We blew that bastard up! Yee ha!' :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla,
      No, I don't get to keep the original paintings. They'll go back to Will after they've been scanned, and then he can sell prints, and the originals.

      Ha ha, love your idea that they called down the lightbeam themselves. Hmm, there has been a bit of a change in me *crosses fingers*

      Delete
  2. Thud. What rock have I been hiding under? Congratulations on bring forth a lenormand I would find worth purchasing.

    but then I'm a dedicated Worthington fan. Well junkie if truth was required...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Worthington junkie too, Sharyn! I was so happy when he agreed to take on this project :)

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday and yes, congrats on the progress on the deck. Very cool! Sorry about the Tower card. Ack! That card seems to follow you around. I do hope the Tower has a good message for you today.

    XOXO,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MM, for the birthday wishes, and the empathy. Actually, maybe Carla called it, and this time it's about destroying things I don't need or want...

      Delete
  4. I wonder if they aren't fleeing an experiment gone horrifically wrong. Could the beam be coming from the bottom out? :D Hooray for the Celtic Lenormand. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting thought, Arwen. The beam looks like it's hitting because of how the rocks are falling, but it could still be their own experiment blowing back at them... :)

      Delete