Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Scary Hunter

Sheesh, yesterday the Tower, today the Ten of Swords, what kind of message is the Fairy Lights Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2013) trying to send!

Instead of a man stabbed in the back with ten swords, here we have the one who may put those swords there.  He hunts with spears on his back, and a baying, black three-headed snake/puma on a silver leash.  Stalking through the verdant countryside, he wears a fierce frown, a spiky headdress, large, ornate tattoos, and rough, brown trousers.  Altogether, a pretty scary chap!

One thing that springs to mind is that, as in traditional images, there is an element of overkill here.  A dramatic flair, shall we say :)  Which lends itself to interpretations that our fears are painting a worse picture than the situation deserves, or that there is really no hope for a particular situation, as fate comes a-calling.  Taking a non-traditional tack, we could see it as suggesting it is time for us to go hunt for what we want.  And linking the two, when one thing is over, we may have to search for what is next...

Today, I'm tempted to be a bit of a drama queen.  Big Boy had another rough night, and having been up off and on since 2.15am, at 4.50am I shook my Dear One and asked if he could take a turn.  He got up, and tootled off to the bathroom.  Fair enough.  Big Boy was still crying horribly, so I went to calm him in the meantime.  After my Dear One got out of the toilet, he just went back to bed!  So, do I throw a total strop when he does finally get up?  The temptation is there, that's for sure.  I think, though, I should simply make it my mission to find ways to improve Big Boy's and my sleep.  More research coming up, another nice swordsy pursuit...

I am grateful for a sense of purpose.

11 comments:

  1. 'So, do I throw a total strop when he does finally get up? The temptation is there, that's for sure. I think, though, I should simply make it my mission to find ways to improve Big Boy's and my sleep.'

    Is that question rhetorical? Because I would say that it's good to be diplomatic, but also, as Aurora Greenway says in 'Terms of Endearment', never shrink from a scene when a scene is called for! A scene may be called for here, but I suppose you could 'swords it down' to an assertive conversation in which you ask for his input in your research as well as dependable and fair share of the work at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did bring it up in a half-joking way, and it was okay. Not great, but okay. I think most of the drama-queening is in my head...

      Delete
  2. Appropriate yet stressful pull. I am very sorry about your night. Of course, being an Aries I would've harassed him then and there! But I admire your restraint--though not if it is harmful to you.

    I think research is always helpful (until it drives you crazy). Lately I've really been impressed by the help of chiropractors who also work on general health. I keep wondering if there is another way that Big Boy could be helped, though I know his case is complex. I wish you luck and clarity in your research.

    Much Love,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, MM, he does see a cranio-sacral osteopath, which is similar to chiropractic, though perhaps a bit more on an energetic level. He also sees a flower remedies therapist regularly. And gets the occasional homeopathic intervention, too, on top of all the regular medical stuff. I guess we'll just keep trying...

      Delete
    2. Very cool...I like those ideas! I know it is very frustrating trying to find the best things to help. I so wish it was more straight forward! That is very interesting--I haven't actually been to a cranio-sacral osteopath. I've heard of cranio-sacral treatments. Anyway...I am of the belief that there are multiple paths to an outcome. There is no one right answer! But it would be nice if there was at least one or two right or somewhat good answers, wouldn't it?

      What I've been liking about the NRT (nutrition response testing) with the chiropractor is that it identifies issues as well as where they're originating and what's triggering them. It's hard to explain but the best way to explain it is to look at videos of it on YouTube (which is what I did). I think, for me, the proof is always in the pudding! So I will see how I feel after doing this for several months. I've heard and read some impressive things about NRT for fairly dire cases--but again, it's just really hard to know what helps.

      Sending you support and hugs,
      MM

      Delete
    3. Well, I'll look forward to hearing how it goes for you, then might try it if it is pudding ;)

      Delete
  3. another viewpoint. He looks like I feel when someone sells me a deck with a missing card.
    Sharyn/AJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilarious, Sharyn :D Or when I get home from the shops only to find my chocolate brownie didn't get packed... ;)

      Delete
  4. Love your commentary. It made me think, "That fellow is bringing a machine gun to a knife fight" overkill thing. Interesting 10 of Swords indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, I like that image of overkill :) I just needed to say to my DO, please get up with BB, but wanted to go into a huge rant about how I never get any sleep :D

      Delete