Friday, 21 June 2013

Summer Solstice Blog Hop

Once again, it’s Blog Hop time :)  Whether you’ve found your way here jumping forward from Tierney's amazing blog, going backwards from John's fascinating notions, or some other way, I bid you welcome.  And should you want an overview of the Hop, you’ll find the Master List here.

For this Hop, Sharon, our wrangler, talked about faeries, and proposed that we offer up something creative.  Given I love creating spreads, I decided to try a spread based on the tales of people being whisked away by faeries to dance the Solstice away, often returning much later than expected.  And, given the faery theme, the Fey Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2003) seemed the best choice for this reading.

1)  What dance will I be lead on over the time from now until First Harvest?  The Moon

Seems like I face a time of uncertainty and confusion, dancing to a tune I don’t quite understand.  And yet, I love the look on this fey’s face.  She seems calm, eyes closed as though listening to the beat of a drum.  This may be a crazy dance, but it is one with beauty in it, if I can find some calm to tune into what is happening within and around me.

I see in this that I may feel quite uncertain over the coming weeks, knowing there is something I should be doing, but not quite sure how to do it.  What springs to mind is the deadline for the Celtic Lenormand. 

I have the images now from Will Worthington, but I still need to edit them, and complete the companion book.  Although most of it is now written, it’s often the last few tweaks and corrections that take the longest.  There is one part that I still have to finish researching, and I see here a warning to not get lost in confusion about how to finish.  If I listen to my inner voice, turning inward rather than trying to apply logic or follow other people’s ideas, I will find the solution I seek.

2)  Where will it take me?  Six of Wands

Now that’s a lovely card for what will come at the end of this dance.  It offers a feeling of accomplishment, and a new creation to show to the world.  Not yet full size, but complete and ready to continue growing away from my care.  That’s definitely my hope for the Celtic Lenormand: that I can hand it over, and then watch as it blossoms in the hands of US Games!

3)  What offer would I do best to refuse?  Five of Pentacles

What I see here is a suggestion to refuse to take on fears from other people, to not let other people’s attitudes be the monster that scares me and stops me sleeping or accomplishing what I can.  I should refuse to allow worries about other people and their perspectives to daunt me.  If I keep my focus on the flame in front of me, the project in hand and my direction with it, then those fears can stay outside, where they belong. 

4)  What will I return with?  Seven of Pentacles

What a nice, restful card to end with!  Seems I will gain a sense of completion if I follow this dance to its conclusion, despite the uncertainties along the way.  There is also a harvest to be reaped, though it may not come quickly.  At the end of this, I will be able to sit back, relax, and wait for the future with the confidence that I have done all I could. 

I hope you like this faery-inspired spread, and that you’ll let me know if you try it out.  Now, to enjoy more creativity and fun, please hop on over to Johnnie Two Brows.

24 comments:

  1. What a fantastic spread! Really apt spread for Litha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanna :) I do love making up spreads ;)

      Delete
  2. I adore this spread. One of the great things is that the time factor is inherent in the first question. Lovely creative way of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, and thanks for naming it for me *doh* The Fairy Dance Spread has a lovely ring to it :D

      Delete
  3. Lovely spread! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you did give it a spin, Jenna :)

      Delete
  4. Arrgh wish list wish list! Great spread for Litha! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you so know you want this, Pepi ;D <3

      Delete
  5. Great Spread. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Resonant read of the cards, Chloe. If I Turbo Read to hop on in to see where my point is that I have no clue as to yet while proceeding to completion producing... hmmmm...

    Riffing off The Moon ~ The 6 of Wands ~ The 5 of Pentacles ~ The 7 of Pentacles with short phrases composing one Turbo Reading... to see where I am going with this:
    ~ That which I cannot see sends light from the unknown for me to reflect ~ for a healthy energetic exchange ~ where only what enhances the established inner light of the project ~ rests me to a Depth Of Above to watch it grow.

    And, now I see. There's the old adage that resonates with your "last few tweaks take the longest" sentiment.

    The first 95% of the project? Well, it takes the first 95% of the time. The last 5%? Oh, it fully takes the OTHER 95% of the time.

    Thanks for your blog! It was great to be able to river-raft along for the ride with your reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your Turbo Read, Jordan, thank you. And yes, that OTHER 95% :o

      Delete
  7. And, rock the completion full-on comfortable with the not-knowing. I'll look forward to the creation you have Master Gardenered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope it grows nicely, no sudden frosts or hailstorms ;)

      Delete
  8. Nice spread, Chloe! Tried it last night and came up with 2 Pentacles-3 Pentacles-3 Cups-7 Chariot. So, juggling finances, mastering skills, no time for celebration yet, but I will definitely be in charge when Lammas comes. :) I used the gorgeous Gilded Tarot Royale from Ciro Marchetti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Joanne, and thanks for featuring it in the TABI newsletter :) Looks like you'll be set by Lammas to charge on big time - could that be the last push to finish your Cosmic Whispers Tarot?

      Delete
  9. Oh, liking the spread AND the deck! Thanks Chloe - THIS is your talent honey, well, one of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What, my talent is enabling people? Thanks, Louise, I guess I can live with that ;) And hopefully the spreads are fun, too!

      Delete
  10. Great spread :) tho' the Fey is not one of my faves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, there we'll have to agree to disagree! This is one of my all-time favourite decks :) I guess I just like things a bit whimsical and weird...

      Delete
  11. Wonderful! I love the spread you've created, Chloe - I'll be trying this out myself. Thanks for sharing your gift :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Alison :) Hope you do give it a go, would love to hear what you get!

      Delete
  12. Oh no that's three... no four decks on my fae wishlist now! Great spread! I have a couple of things I'm going to try this with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee :) I do absolutely adore this deck!

      Delete