Saturday, 29 June 2013

Under My Wing

This week I'll be drawing from a new tarot deck by Beth Seilonen.  Beth has self-published a huge number of beautiful tarot and Lenormand decks (a couple of which I'm delighted to own), so I'm over-the-moon that a mainstream publishing house has finally recognised her talent. Here, then, we have the Dream Raven Tarot (Schiffer, 2013).

And what a gorgeous card to start the week!  The Nine of Pentacles is one of my favourite cards to draw in most decks, and this one definitely lives up to that.

A blue, pink and purple raven looks happily satisfied as she flourishes a wing to show us her bounteous flowers.  These are warm, peach and yellow pentacle blooms, reaching up into an orange and apricot sky.  I also like the metaphor that she has taken these blossoms under her wing, tending them with love so that she can now gaze upon them with pride and delight.

In this, then, I see traditional ideas of hard work and dedication paying off.  There is also a dose of independence here, and the ability to create something both beautiful and valuable.

As I say, this is one of my favourite cards, so I'm happy to see it today.  I hope it will encourage me to put the final touches to a few things, and make a start on others.  A busy, but hopefully productive day beckons...

I am grateful for work I can get on with at my own pace and that I enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. I'm interested in this deck -- as you know, I love all corvids. I was disappointed that the ravens weren't black, when I first heard of it. I suppose I'd envisioned something like The Wild Unknown, only all ravens, crows, jackdaws, magpies...But I also like colorful decks, so I eagerly await each day's revelation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, something like the Wild Unknown with all corvids would be excellent! Maybe you could suggest it to them... :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing more of this too. The colours do look uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are definitely fun. Until Carla mentioned it, I hadn't even thought "ravens should be black" :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely card to start the week with. Will look each day with anticipation to get a look at more of the deck and what you have to say about the cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely enjoying the colour and simplicity of these :)

      Delete