Sunday, 2 June 2013

Weightlifting Bull!

Today's card from the Jolanda Tarot (AGMüller, 2008) is definitely a strange one!

Here we have the Six of Pentacles.  Instead of a merchant giving out alms, or some other interpretation of generosity, charity and/or sharing, we have an anthropomorphic bull.  He stands on a coin inscribed with a woman's face, and his weights bar holds two coins with the six-pointed Star of David symbol.  Above the bar is another golden coin with a sunflower on it.  And in the strange, rocky landscape, around which a few little rock people wander, we see another two coins with a moon on the left one and an eye on the one on the right.

What to make of all this?  One thing I see is that we can only carry a load with support, from others and our environment.  Another thing is that our faith can give us strength.  Thirdly, we could say that we need to exercise to stay in shape - be that exercising our faith, our mind or our body. 

Well, I'll definitely be making time to exercise my body today: I'm planning a mellow pilates workout for today.  And hopefully I'll exercise my mind, too, as I've meditated every single day for the last six weeks now!  I'll also be relying on the support of my Dear One as we take Big Boy off for an excursion somewhere. 

I am grateful for the strength to persevere.

Thinking of the abundance of coins here also reminds me of the two giveaways that are currently running: the TABI competition to win a mini Under the Roses Lenormand (details here).  And the Tarot x Lenormand Giveaway brewing all over the interwebs, find out about it here!

6 comments:

  1. According to the Book of Thoth, the moon is in Taurus in the 6 of Disks. So I see we've got the moon on a coin, and 6-pointed stars which I guess are for the number six, and of course the bull for Taurus. I assume he's weightlifting because the energy of the suit is meant to be at its peak at Tipareth, the number six, and Coins would certainly have lots to do with physical/material vigor. Not sure why there's an eye on one and a sun on one, but I'm thinking there must be a symbolic reason, for it seems to me this deck is more influence by Thoth than RWS.

    Well done on 6 weeks of meditation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, like I said yesterday, lots of Thoth influences here which largely leave me cold. I don't understand what the Moon in Taurus means: emotions around abundance? Extreme bull-headedness? As so often, I will go with intuitive readings, so it'll be interesting to see how different your informed understanding is :)

      And thanks, feeling chuffed. This morning I even added in a pranayama session after the meditation - three rounds of kappalabhati and one of alternate nostril breathing. Then I had the best nap I've had all week! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh I'm not that informed. I know just enough to have a few big words floating around in there somewhere, not exactly sure what they mean or how to use them, but eager to just the same. ;) Dangerous!

      Delete
    3. Eagerness can certainly be dangerous, but it's also such great energy :)

      Delete
  2. oh oh... i did that this morning! i lifted weights and was able to double some of them in today's pump & tone class... woohoo! :D the swedish witch 6 of disks is so groovy, dontcha think?! i always get a feeling of being very supported when i see this image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, you go Lisa! Congrats on the super-powerful pump and tone class - I love going to a gym occasionally, it does get me to push myself more...

      Glad my intuitive reading of support chimes with you, too :)

      Delete