Friday, 7 June 2013

You Dirty Rat!

Yeesh, what a card to end the week with the Jolanda Tarot (AGMüller, 2008)!

Here we have a somewhat scary Five of Pentacles.  In the centre, a huge-looking rat gnaws at a pentacle-etched coin, while standing on the heads of little stone people.  Another coin is held by some of the stone people, and bears a Queen's head, while the remaining three are being dropped from a rather grey hand in the sky.  These last three have a bird's head, a mercury symbol and what might be the number five on them.  The sky above is dark, with a waning moon hovering up high, and a black bull stands off in the distance.

This card makes me think a little of the Mice card in the Lenormand system: of the bounty of the universe being nibbled away by the less pleasant aspects of the everyday,by people and situations that undermine or impoverish us somehow.  And yet, the coins keep falling from the sky, so as long as we don't give up, we can surely reap some of that prize...

After a bit of a tough week, I take this card as a reminder that there is no off-switch on the Universe.  For good or ill, things will keep falling from the sky, and it is up to us whether we bemoan the good things that are taken from us, or focus on what good may still come and how we can make the most of it.  So, I shall try to see the good in life, and let go of the bad.

I am grateful for meditation, good friends, and the ever-renewing possibilities of life.

2 comments:

  1. This card makes me think perhaps to find the opportunity in the challenges the Universe sends. Oh, if only there was an on/off switch. But no, the Universe will be what it is and I, like you, try to see the good in life. Our attitude can make all the difference. I keep telling myself this. I hope next week is a better one for you :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, nice approach, finding the opportunities in the challenges. Like you, I try to keep telling myself this, though I'll admit I forget sometimes and just whine :)
      Wishing you a better week, too!
      Cx

      Delete