Tuesday, 2 July 2013

A Glint In His Eye

Today we have another colourful, bright card from Dream Raven Tarot (Schiffer, 2013).  Until Carla from Rowan Tarot mentioned it, I didn't even think about the fact that corvids are mostly black.  Still, I rather like the whimsy of such vibrant colours - I guess that's why these are "Dream" Ravens.

Certainly, I get the impression that today's King of Wands wouldn't let a little thing like normality get in the way of his plans and desires.  He has little flames at the ends of his feathertips, a swirly globe on the top of his wand, and wonderful colouring from green to purple, through yellow, orange and pink.  There is a bright, yellow sun right behind his head, ringed in purple and crimson.  I especially like the cheeky glint in his eye, the way he stares out at us as though daring us to join him in whatever crazy idea he's hatching.

He seems like a rather fun-loving King.  Determined, maybe, but with a focus on enjoying life while getting as much done as possible.  Or maybe that's just what I'd like for the day :)

It's true I have a lot to do, today.  Still, it's also important to find the fun in my daily tasks, otherwise I won't manage them as well, I know.  Hmm, I shall have to think about ways to make some of the duller bits more fun, if only by giving myself lots of little goals and prizes for achieving them...

I am grateful for the encouragement to make work more fun.


2 comments:

  1. It is fun just looking at these cards and all the wonderful colors. I get stuck on them, sometimes for too long. They do put a smile on my face though. Hopefully you got through your day with some smiles :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are very up-beat, aren't they, Carol :) I did pretty well, got lots done and did most of it with a smile. Hope you're having a good week off work!

      Delete