Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Astrological Ace

Here is the Ace of Chalices (Cups) from the Fire Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2011).

At the top of the card is a glowing, blue Leo symbol, and underneath it a yellow stone, maybe a yellow sapphire.  The Aces in this deck are all connected to astrology, with Wands, Cups and Swords showing one each of the three fire signs: Aries, Leo and Saggittarius.  The Ace of Pentacles shows a triangle with all three.  I found that a somewhat unusual choice.  To me, it would make more sense to have all three on the Ace of Wands, as the root of all fire...

Other than the blue of the astrological sign, there is nothing much here that speaks to me of the Ace of Cups.  I can kind of see the connection between Aces and the astrological fire signs, like the seed of what a person may become being sown at the time of their birth.  Still, it doesn't really seem  to be associated with love, relationships or connectedness...  Leo is the fixed fire sign, which would also not be my first choice for the watery Cups.  I'd have thought the mutable sign, Saggittarius, would have been more appropriate.

Altogether, then, I'm not sure what to make of this card.  In a reading, I would either use it to suggest bringing Leo-like traits to a situation, or go with a more traditional numerological and elemental reading, ignoring the imagery.

Perhaps for me today, this card suggests being a bit more pushy than I might normally be.  Yesterday, Big Boy didn't end up having his operation, because they didn't have an intensive care bed available on the day.  However, we're still going back to hospital today for an unrelated appointment about another surgery he needs to have before the end of the year *doh*  My Dear One often says that we are the ultimate decision-makers when it comes to Big Boy's health.  So, I shall not let myself be pushed around by the consultant today.  Instead, I shall stand up for what I feel is best for Big Boy.

I am grateful for the strength to protect my son as best I can.

2 comments:

  1. Thats a confusing one, isn't it? It all messes with my head a bit, the fire in everything. And not the most attractive imagery either :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the cards are interesting, but I don't see myself reading with this deck :(

      Delete