Sunday, 28 July 2013

Bite Me!

Today's card from the Fire Tarot (Lo Scarabeo, 2011), shows the less-than-obviously traditional nature of this deck.

In this version of the Seven of Wands, we have a rather scary-looking woman in tribal dress, whose  little finger is on fire.  She seems to be facing off with a small lizard that looks set to take her finger off!  Is this some strange way to put out a burning finger, or is it more that this is the woman's way of defending against the small beast?  The latter would fit with the defensiveness of traditional Seven of Wands interpretations, fighting off strange attackers.

She appears to stand outside a hut, with a bright, yellow, straw roof, and lit invitingly from within.  This reminds me a little of the traditional Seven of Wands guy standing on the high ground: she has a nice place to retreat to.

So, what can we learn from this card today?  To prepare for what might face us with innate skills, and a safe retreat, maybe.

For me, I think the worst threats I will face today are from my own mind, worrying about Big Boy's hospital admission tomorrow.  I think I've done all I can to prepare for it, packing and organising things, making sure everyone knows where he'll be and so on...

I am grateful for tasks to keep me occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment