Friday, 19 July 2013

Knower of Secrets

Being a cat person, I love today's card from the Animal Wisdom Tarot (CICO Books, 2013).

Here we have the Cat, Knower of Secrets.  Traditionally, that's the High Priestess :)  A whit cat, with green eyes, sits on a tree stump.  Before her is a pool of still water, in which stars and a crescent moon are reflected, somewhat strangely.  She has one paw on a letter or piece of writing, and the waning crescent moon sits just over her head, though she herself isn't reflected in the pool. To either side of her is a tree, with the one on the left side of the card (her right) in light, and the other in shadow.  The branches seem almost purple, and from them flow colourful swirls, leaves and drops.  The Knower of Secrets likewise has a red heart drawn on her breast, with swirls and drops around it, and a fuchsia dot above the outside of each eye.

I can well imagine this cat knowing far more than she's willing to tell.  As well as the traditional scroll, crescent moon and pillars symbolism, the colourful markings have a bit of a henna feel to them.  Decorations that would grace a shaman or a Hindu goddess.  She looks out at us calmly, wisely, but with no intention of speaking.  If we want to learn her secrets, we will have to work for them ourselves, seeking them in silence, in dreams and intuition.

Seems to me that today might be a good day to focus on the Celtic Lenormand, tapping into my intuition to finish up a couple more sections.  I haven't had as much time as I'd like for it this week, with all the stuff for Big Boy kicking off.  I still have some of my day job work to do, but I'll also listen to that inner muse.

I am grateful for a less hectic day.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting card. And interesting how she is not reflected in the pool. I wonder if that was intentional or an overlooked detail.

    I was just thinking about how it might be a time for you to hold back on some stuff; to not give out too much and keep some stuff back, secret and sacred, from others. It was just something that came top me when I was looking at the image. The lack of reflection strengthens that idea.

    Hope things become easier today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, PLN, I think you're picking up on what is, rather than what should be. I'm keeping more secrets right now than I have at any other time in my life. Even including when I was a teen!

      As you say, the lack of reflection definitely strengthens that idea of hiding yourself and what you hold sacred :)

      Delete
  2. MEOW!

    I should use this deck again. I haven't used it enough, but I like it. It has a good feeling and is colorful. The animals make it really approachable and fun.

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      Totally agree that it's kinda upbeat, colourful and fun :) Looking forward to seeing you back to blogging soon!

      Hugs,
      Cxx

      Delete