Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Endangered Treehouse

Well, if people have issues with some of the 'scary' cards, this blog is certainly the place to come, as the Tower is my most frequently pulled Major!  Today it's the turn of the version from Lisa Chow's Oracle Tarot Deck (self-published, 2012).

As these things go, this is quite a mild card.  It's not all dark and gloomy, there's even a quite cheerful banner with the title, as well as the number etched into the tree trunk above it.  Still, looking above the banner, we have a slightly gothic house in the crux of a tree.  The tree seems to have tilted since the house was built, so that it looks as though it might slide out and off from the tree.  Added to that, a burning wand or spear has been driven into the tree, perhaps causing the tilt, and certainly leading to several branches catching light.  Precarious!

Last night, Big Boy's temperature started going up, so we'll see how things progress today.  I hope it's nothing very serious, not just because we all hate him being ill, but also because if it is serious he won't be able to have his operation next week.  It would be a pain to have to reschedule it again!  Ah well, nothing to be done but wait and see how the day pans out...

I am grateful for analgesics.

7 comments:

  1. I hope BB is ok. It's an interesting idea for The Tower, those slight derailments in a daily draw, rather than big tough tree-splitting issues. I often find that it is those things you least expect, which happen while you're worrying about what else could blow up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I hope you're wrong, PLN. While I was worrying about BB's temperature, that now seems fine. So, what else could blow up in my face? :(

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear Big Boy is poorly. Best wishes to you all. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, he seems a bit better now, though he had a rough night. Maybe it was just a really mini-Tower, more about the fear than the reality...

      Delete
  3. I admit that it impresses me how you react to the Tower. When I get this card it panics me! I worry about what it means and don't take it gracefully. You definitely have a healthy attitude toward it!!

    Sending smooth sailing to you, DO and BB.
    (Pulls the burning arrow out of the tree, hoses off the flames and super glues the little house onto the tree)
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, if I panicked every time I got the Tower, I'd be a nervous wreck! And thanks for the rescue efforts, they seem to have worked :D
      Hugs,
      Cxx

      Delete
    2. Oh good! I'm glad things aren't so bad. :) I mean, I know you have plenty of stress in general, but I mean that I hope nothing too complicated comes up that makes things go awry.

      I am doing alright--having slight cramping or something. At least that headache isn't really back though I do note a touch of congestion so I have to really be careful or it could lead to something worse. I'm drinking a dirty chai. Have you ever heard of it? It's chai (the homemade chai I made) mixed with coffee. I used almond milk. It's not bad, but I admit I love dairy. I wish I could drink it without consequence so we'll stick to coconut and almond milks.

      For most drinks I don't mind them but I love a creamy coffee drink. Le Sigh! Hahaa. It's really not that important--I'm just rambly today.

      XOXO,
      MM

      Delete