Thursday, 1 August 2013

Fiery Seed

Ha, after discussing the Aces on Tuesday, today we have another, the Ace of Pentacles.

As I mentioned then, this Ace shows the symbols of all three fire signs - Aries, Leo and Saggittarius - depicted at the corners of an upward pointing triangle, elemental symbol of fire.  Behind them is a starry night sky.  Beneath this, three salamanders chase one another around in a fiery circle, within bright flames.

This, then, despite being the Ace of Pentacles rather than wands, seems to be the seed of all fire, or perhaps the bringing together of different fiery elements.  Perhaps, the reason it is the Ace of Pentacles is that when these are all brought together, they then have to power to manifest in the material world?  Though having gemstones at the bottom of the other aces might seem to be a more appropriate manifestation for the earthy pentacles suit...

Had I designed this deck, I would have made this the Ace of Wands, though I will look forward to hearing if anyone with more astrological knowledge, or just smarts, can figure out why this should be the Pentacles Ace.  Normally, I would associate the Ace of Pentacles with a new beginning or opportunity in the realm of the physical, material or financial.  Reading this card intuitively, I would see a bringing together of similar elements, situations or people, or else chasing your own tail with more energy than direction.

Today, I have both a session with my personal therapist and with our family therapist.  I'm hoping that between the two, my Dear One and I can pull together some of the confusion of the last few weeks.  It would be good if we could find a little clarity and direction, and perhaps a renewed sense of energy.

I am grateful for directed energy.

P.S. There will be an extra post this evening, in exactly 12 hours time, as part of the August Eve Tarot Blog Hop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment