Thursday, 29 August 2013

Hope

Despite its rather crazy hodge-podge of colours, shapes and sizes, there is something I find rather restful and hopeful in this card from the Gypsy Palace Tarot (Nora Huszka, 2013).

No ships coming in, nor any wands in this Three of Wands.  Rather, there is a peaceful female figure with some kind of leaf or flower at her third eye.  Beneath her is a tiny village and a crooked pine tree, while above and around her are a number of birds. There are also lots of leaves scattered to the right of her, and some kind of staircase or twisty pole to her left. I think the feeling of peace and hope come, for me, from the radiance of her face, eyes closed, and the bright star that shines above and to the left of her.

Somehow, what I get from this card is the idea that she is bigger than the paths and situations around her.  That she is connected to spirit through the birds, and so is at peace with whatever will come.

I get a sense of needing to find a little peace today, despite waiting for some news tomorrow.  And the suggestion to make time to listen to my inner stillness in order to do that, perhaps with a walk outdoors thrown in for good measure.

I am grateful for the reminder that the news I'm waiting for won't come any faster just because I stress out about it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your insights on cards from this fascinating deck, Chloë!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zanna, thanks, glad you're enjoying the deck. I can't imagine using it as a regular reading deck, but it is unusual and bright :)

      Delete
  2. Like this deck for its colours and artwork, but 3's and wands are quite energetic, alive, outgoing so I find this card too calm for me!!! Love your take on the cards, as usual. BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie, and apologies for not replying sooner. I think with this deck, a more intuitive reading is probably called for... :)

      Delete