Thursday, 1 August 2013

Lammas Blog Hop 2013

www.goddessandgreenman.co.uk
Yep, you guessed it, it's Blog Hop time again!  Today is Lammas, or the first harvest.  A time to rejoice in the sunshine and the blessings from the earth, especially fruits and grains.  A time to bake bread, and enjoy fruit fresh from the tree, dripping with juice.  And what could be fresher and fruitier than a bunch of tarotists from around the world all writing about the same topic? :D  As ever, you can take a spin round the other posts by either jumping forward to the ever creative Sharon, or flipping back to the sometimes tart Vivianne (let me be clear, I love a bit of tartness, pure sweetness can be sickening). And if you get lost, there's the Master list to set you on your path again :)

This time around, our wrangler, Arwen asked us: "What can I share from my table to enrich my community?"  I had plenty of thoughts about the first part of the question - I know what I like to share, what I can share.  What, though, of the second part?  Does my sharing actually enrich my community, and if so, how?  So, I decided, as so often, to devise a little spread and see what the cards' thoughts on this were.  I'll call it the Fruit Bowl Spread (can't forget to name it yet again!)  I drew two cards for fruit - it's hardly sharing if there's only one piece of fruit on offer - and one card to look at how this sharing might benefit my community.

As ever this year, I drew from the vibrant DruidCraft Tarot (Connections, 2004).

Prince of Wands
1)  What fruits do I share?  Prince of Wands

Well, now isn't this an energetic card?  The Prince of Wands charges forward, his steed leaping over a little hillock, and his wand raised high.  He is full of vim and enthusiasm, though I sometimes feel it is sheer luck that he clears the obstacles in his path :o

So, how am I like this Prince in sharing my fruits with others?  I guess that I have a pretty can-do attitude, and have been known to dive into things with more will than clarity, more determination than ability.  And yet, as has been said, there is a magic to beginning things. 

For example, I know there's at least one person who has been encouraged by my example to create their own Lenormand deck.  Likewise, some have said that after seeing the way I pop out tarot spreads, they decided to create their own for a specific situation or question.  And I also see this in some of my recent attempts at art: be it zentangles, or actually drawing stuff for the TABI Lenormand.  No-one is going to be asking me for art lessons any time soon, but the enthusiasm is there, for sure :D  And it seems that my willingness to give things a try has incited a few others to attempt things they might otherwise have thought they couldn't do.  I hope so!

Queen of Wands
2)  What other fruits do I share?  Queen of Wands

Ha, with the Queen of Wands following straight after the Prince of Wands, I am reminded of Ali's wonderful This Game of Thrones blog, looking at Court cards.  How is the Queen different from the Prince, in terms of things that I can share with others?

Well, I see the Queen as being more mature.  While she's still passionate, she's less likely to go off half-cocked.  She has a bit more foresight, and also focuses more on others, being Water of Fire, and therefore the most nurturing of the Wands court.  She has a community focus, then, and encourages other people in their projects, as well as fierily advancing her own.

So, she doesn't just encourage people by her example, like the Prince, but actually stops to look at what the other person is doing.  She can get excited about somebody else's project and prospects, not just her own.  She'll applaud their ideas, try to boost their self-esteem, and generally incite them to go further.   That's certainly something I try for: I love to see other people getting animated about an idea or a project, and trusting themselves enough to do it.  I'll gladly praise them, reassure them, and try to rouse them to action, and I hope that helps spur them on.

The Chariot
3)  How does this benefit my community?  The Chariot

What a gorgeous, powerful card.  What I hope is that by sharing my enthusiasm, my willingness to jump up and try something, and my animation over other people's ideas, that others feel enthused and galvanised, too.  That people will grab the reins, like Boudicca in the card, and try charging into things themselves.  And, it may well be, that they are actually far stronger, far clearer, and far more able than they believed themselves to be.  They just needed that little push to dare to give it a go themselves, that feeling of "what the heck, why not try it, what have I got to lose?", or the reassuring encouragement of someone else who believes in them, even if they don't quite ;)

I notice that this is a Major Arcana, suggesting that what those fruits of enthusiasm can inspire is larger than I might think.  People taking the reins of their life, or just setting out on an exciting new creative project, that's a big deal!  It is empowering, and can also lead to wonderful creations.

I hope this spread will inspire you to see what it is that you offer to your community, and just how valuable that sharing is.  That would be another of my Queen of Wands desires :)

Now, please feel free to hop on over to Songs from the Wishing Tree, for more lovely sharing.

28 comments:

  1. Lovely thought-provoking post and spread - thanks for sharing. I can see you in those cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison :) Had to groan when two Wands courts came up, but it did make sense...

      Delete
  2. Tried your little spread, twice. First with my Prairie tarot which is one of my faves being a prairie girl, and the Druidcraft for a more pictorial look at the cards. Prairie I got 4 wands/page pentacles/4 pentacles; and Druidcraft got 3 pent./queen of pent. and Fool. Sums me up!! Good little spread. And thanks for your wands inspiration in looking at difficult cards/decks that just don't turn my crank so it forces me to look at these cards/decks differently, instead of totally dismissing them!!! BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, a very Pentacley set of readings, Bonnie! Love the Fool there at the end :)
      And glad that I help you look at decks with different eyes!

      Delete
  3. Bless your wee cotton socks for mentioning m'blog - most kind of you! And using the wonderful DruidCraft too - what's not to like about this post?! I'll be giving this spread a bit of an outing this evening!! Thanks Chloe :-D

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, with those cards, how could I not think of you! Hope the reading was interesting if you tried it :)
      Cx

      Delete
  4. Fantastic cards Chloe! A lot of moving, shaking, and inspiring going on there. These three aspects seem very much in balance with one another, and I think it's super the way the Knight and the Queen combine to provide the driving force in the final card. What an amazing confirmation of the wonderful gifts and talents you share with others on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I normally think of myself as aspiring to Queen of Wands characteristics, rather than achieving them. So, nice to see. And as you say, plenty of energy to put behind that Chariot :)

      Delete
  5. Fantastic Wandi-ness with no windy bluster in sight, Chloe! I love how your spread built card by card to dial into your higher octaves with The Chariot further opening up the power of how you inspire people. Thank You! ~ Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of it that way, Jordan, but the cards do build nicely :)

      Delete
  6. Tart ?? LOL
    I like the spread :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great gift, to be able to encourage by example. I enjoyed your post :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've seen a quote about "if I can't encourage by example, at least I can be a dire warning", but I'd rather encourage ;)

      Delete
  8. I love how you broke down the cards in such a beautiful way! A very thoughtful and nice read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia. Maybe you'll give the spread a try - I was certainly surprised by what came out... :)

      Delete
  9. Nice spread and I have to agree with the cards - I don't know where you find the energy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, sometimes I think it's one of those "fake it til you make it" things, especially when I just want to crawl back into bed! Still, I can't imagine the energy it takes to go and do the weekend fairs you do :o

      Delete
  10. Great spread, but I'm a little afraid of that Queen of Wands. I think the cat is too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Cassandra. I always thought the cat saw the Queen as a safe port from the fire and perhaps rowdiness going on off the edge of the card. Our cats used to hide under the coffee table at our feet when there were fireworks or thunderstorms...

      Delete
  11. A very enjoyable read. I so love Tarot when this happens - like you, I had the Chariot in one of my picks too and the interpretation for both of us are quite different. So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes, they were rather different Chariot's, weren't they? I guess I hope others will pick a direction, too, but it's their direction, not mine :)

      Delete
  12. Really fun spread (and you named it, LOL). I have to admit that I had to redo my post because I forgot to name mine! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! Haven't gotten around to yours yet, so you're in luck as I didn't spot that before you changed it ;)

      Delete
  13. In love with the post, in love with the Druid Craft!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, what's not to love in that deck!?! :D

      Delete
  14. Great cards and brilliant interpretation Chloe :)
    Yeah, I did wonder about your tart statement... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should have said I see Viv's blog as being like a good slice of lemon meringue pie. There's the delicious, frothy, fun meringue on top, but then a good lemon curd brings a bit of tartness, of underlying strength and reality to the mix, with plenty of flavour :)

      Delete