Monday, 19 August 2013

Lennie Week 10 - Magpie Oracle 2

For this second draw with the delightful Magpie Oracle (Carrie Paris, 2013), I decided to keep things simple and just pull three charms from the bag.  For those who missed my first post with this, here we have charms which represent the traditional objects, animals and people of the Lenormand system - what a fun and innovative idea :D  Carrie will be speaking at the UK Tarot Conference this October (as will I, so I get to hear her talks, too - bonus!) and will have some of these Oracles available there, for anyone who's interested and wants to avoid postage costs.


Riffing on the Clover, Tower and Star offers me:

Luck with a scientific institution.
Isolating yourself brings a little happiness and a lot of clarity.
A CEO has the opportunity to become a star (Richard Branson, anyone).
An institution brings the opportunity to shine. 
A small amount of luck when dealing with the bosses of a tech company.

Ha, well, I certainly hope we have some luck with a scientific institution.  Today, Big Boy goes into hospital again, and I have my fingers firmly crossed that this time they'll be able to go ahead with his operation!

I am grateful for the hope of a good outcome for my son.

14 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a successful outcome!

    (I wouldn't be able to use that oracle because I would surely lose something! Plus I'd want to make them into a bracelet and wear them. :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla!

      As for the charms, I'm sure you could figure a way to use them, even if they were on a bracelet - some kind of counting technique... ;D

      Delete
    2. Carla, that was my first thought when I saw this -- making a bracelet! LOL

      Delete
    3. Funny, I never even considered that - obviously don't think outside the box enough ;)

      Delete
  2. I will be thinking of you and Big Boy...sending tons of good luck and healing. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, MM. Now, get to bed! :) XOX

      Delete
    2. Haha!! I had a tough time getting to sleep...went down at midnight and then Pele woke me early. Hubby woke at 2am apparently!!?

      Fingers crossed for you today...I am guessing the procedure is done by now.

      Super quick healing,
      MM

      Delete
    3. Thanks, MM. Sorry you didn't sleep well either. The procedure went well, though BB had a horrible night in hospital (and so I did, too). I think he's developing a hospital phobia (understandable).

      Anyhow, thanks for the good wishes, and hope you're sleeping better now!
      Hugs,
      Cxx

      Delete
  3. What a clever idea for an oracle!

    Thinking of you and your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful, isn't it? I love when people are so innovative!

      Thanks for holding us in your thoughts, Zanna :)

      Delete
  4. I've been trying to comment on your blog, and Hannah and Carlas too for the last few days and have been getting consistent error messages. Lets hope this one works.

    Just wanted to say how interesting this oracle is. Are all the charms the same in each set or are they individually sourced (does that make sense?)? What I mean is 'is every clover the same in every set?'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very good question, PLN. I'm not sure. Will email Carrie to ask :)
      Sorry you've been having trouble commenting, don't know what that's about! :(

      Delete
  5. Thanks Chloe.

    I don't know why it kept doing that. It was on all Blogger accounts, showing an 'Oops' screen. Seems to be sorted now though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see that! And here's Carrie's reply about the Magpie Oracle: "Not all charms are the same. For example, some of the Riders are in different positions on their bikes. The Crossroad may come with a man leaning on a road sign or simply a sign with several road options. The bear might be a California bear or a golden bear. Some Suns are larger than others and so on. Not all Magpie Oracles are the same, which I prefer. Can't imagine all Magpie nests being the same :)"

      Delete