Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Skulls

Aha!  A card from the the Gypsy Palace Tarot (Nora Huszka, 2013) that actually has the requisite number of objects, even if it is a mix of bones and skulls.

Here we have the Ten of Swords, with an appropriately sinister air to it.  A pile of eight skulls and two bones lie heaped together.  The eye sockets of the skulls are a menacing warning that this situation is as bad as it can get.  Dead is dead, so maybe it's time to let go and move on.  The predominant colours of the card are green and red: a reminder that after the decay, growth can come again.

Well, I sure hope this indicates that I'll finally finish up my project today!  Every time I thought it was done, something extra came up.  I'll be grateful to cross it off my list, as I have a bunch of other ideas I want to start moving ahead with :)

I am grateful for endings.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, of all of the cards you've posted so far from this deck, this is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olivia,
      I'd love to know what it is about this card that you like. My favourites were the 8 and 3 of Wands, I think. But this one is quite a cheery take on the 10 of Swords...

      Delete
  2. Good luck with finishing up! Hope it worked out. Skull power!! :)

    ReplyDelete