Friday, 9 August 2013

The Seeds of Health

How nice, for our last day with the Deck of the Bastard (Tarot by Seven, 2013), we get an Ace, the last section of the deck not covered by the draws so far.

In this Ace of Pentacles we have, as was the tradition with decks pre-RWS, a single coin centered on the card.  Above and below it are some decorations with a vegetal theme, including leaves and bunches of grapes.  The coin itself bears a woman's likeness: a queen with a long, straight nose, a crown, and an old-fashioned up-do.

This card speaks to me of a financial opportunity, a coin to spend, invest or save.  In the same way, we can think about our physical well-being: do we use up all our resources, put them to use, or hold onto them for later.  Do we invest in ourselves, financially, materially or physically?

Well, I'm not planning to start a new diet or exercise regime today, that's for sure!  And I can't see any financial or work opportunities coming my way, though I could be wrong.  Overall, I'll take this card as a reminder that every day offers us the opportunity to live more healthily, to sow the seeds of a vibrant tomorrow.

I am grateful for a new day open to good choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment