Monday, 9 September 2013

Energy 24/7

What a lovely card for this Monday morning!  The Ace of Wands is always a great card to see, and on a day when we've got to get back to work with enthusiasm, even more so.  This version, from the World Spirit Tarot (Llewellyn, 2001) once again adds some interesting twists to tradition.

The Ace of Wands is located in a desert, with pyramids all about.  Despite the hot environment, there are leaves growing on the wand.  It emits rays of light, as well as burning brightly at its tip.  It sits in a vesica piscis or mandorla, a geometric shape also found in many World cards, and which is considered part of sacred geometry.  Outside this, a sun shines on the left, a moon on the right.

Plenty of symbolism here, which speaks of energy, drive, the ability to adapt to different situations, and a great sense of aliveness.  When we feel this Ace's energy, we can shine brightly, spread our enthusiasm, and get a lot done.  While it is just the start of things, it is a good first step, with a solid foundation behind it, full of potential.

I have to make a start on some negotiations today, so I'm glad to see this card.  I hope it's energy will help me set off on a good foot.  I'll also need inspiration for a review I have to write, and the enthusiasm to attend a meeting at Big Boy's school.  Altogether, a busy day!

I am grateful for an injection of energy and enthusiasm.

6 comments:

  1. I love a nice energetic Ace. I have the Empress today, which has become my creative card (and maybe the one who tells me I have been eating 'too well', lol).

    I love this deck. Unfortunately, two of the cards in my pack got stuck together and ripped, so I have hardly ever used it :( It was a sticky-laminated set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that, PLN, especially as it's now OOP. I adore this deck, it was my main reading deck for quite a while. Even now, it feels like a comfy pair of slippers ;)

      Ah, the Empress. Funny, I've never really thought of her as eating 'too well', but I guess with all her abundance... Hope it was more creativity than indulgence she signaled for you yesterday :)

      Delete
  2. I find those daily gratitude affirmations really inspiring. It is indeed a great card for monday's (Just came home with loads of groceries :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen. I've found a gratitude practice useful in having a more abundant approach to life :) Glad to hear you had a productive day, too :D

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, I think I've started crushing on this deck, Chloe - that's a spectacular Ace of Wands! I call this Ace my mojo card. The Ace of Swords plants the seed thought but without the mojo to go with it, we'll lack the drive to manifest the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I like that - your mojo card! And yes, the whole deck is pretty spectacular. I love that it's very multicultural, with quite simple, playful images, yet with plenty of symbolism tucked in there :)

      Delete