Sunday, 22 September 2013

Lennie Week 11 - Silhouettes

I love the elegant simplicity of today's deck: the Lenormand Silhouettes (self-published, 2013) from the incredible creative team of Kendra Hurteau and Katrina Hill.  The deck comes with several alternate cards, which I tend to leave in for my readings.  Hence our cards today: Child, Dog, Child.



An immature friend has another 'great' idea.
Faithfulness to a new idea brings new opportunities.
Dependable playfulness with a child.
Childish loyalty to a new project.
Torn loyalties between two children or two new ideas.
 
The last of those speaks to me today.  I have been worrying recently about which direction I should take over the next six months.  While I feel I 'ought' to try and work on my Masters dissertation what calls me far more strongly is the world of Lenormand and divination.  I have another deck idea worked up which just needs an artist to bring it to life, as well as two book ideas.  There's one voice in my head that says Lenormand isn't 'proper' work, and how will I justify it to the people in my day job.  The other voice says: I feel inspired by this, and if I can sell these ideas, doesn't that prove their worth?

So, should I follow my head or my heart? 

I am grateful that I don't have to make any final decision yet.

Just a reminder, too, that there will be an extra post this evening at 7pm, as part of the Mabon Tarot Blog Hop...
 

4 comments:

  1. Just do what you really want to do.

    Do you ever have a day when you aren't working on something? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As to your question, remarkably rarely, it must be said ;)

      I really want to do the Lenormand stuff, but it would be easier if I had a "justification" for it, which my dissertation would be given it would be on using visual imagery therapeutically...

      Delete
  2. In the end you should do what makes your soul sing. If it makes you happy what does is matter that what your colleagues will think. Be proud that people will pay you for following your hearts desire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will probably end up following this, as I just can't seem to find any enthusiasm for the dissertation. Not that the topic doesn't interest me, but I have to jump through so many hoops to make it "proper" :/

      Delete