Saturday, 21 September 2013

Lennie Week 11 - Whimsy Lenormand

It's been a while, so it felt about time for another Lennie Week.  Several interesting, new self-published Lenormand decks will get an outing this week, and what better way to start than with the colourful, playful, yet still powerful Whimsy Lenormand (Pepi Valderrama, 2013)?

While this deck may look cute and endearing, my readings with it so far have packed a punch.  Take today's cards: Garden, Clover, Whips.


These could be read a number of ways, for instance:

Little happiness on a date when arguments break out.
Feeling lucky at a party when the dancing starts.
A happy facade hides abuse.
Luck in a public setting depends on repetition.

The last, while perhaps most unclear, is the one that smacked me in the face as soon as I turned these cards over.  I've been worrying for a while about my workshop at the UK Tarot Conference on 11th October.  Just a couple of days ago I was chatting with Alison Cross of This Game of Thrones, who will also be speaking there, and determined that she won't be there for my presentation (though at least I'll get to catch up with her and hear her talk).  This reminded me that, talking just after lunch on Friday, my slot isn't likely to be particularly well attended.  However, when Alison asked if I'd been promoting it, I had to admit that I haven't. 

Though I thought about the subject a lot back in the spring, in between times I've been totally focused on getting the Celtic Lenormand handed over to US Games, and then with Big Boy's operation and now our potential house move.

These cards remind me that luck is what we make it.  So, I'd better get blogging, tweeting and making the most of other social networks if I want to remind people that this workshop would be worth attending.

I am grateful for a Lenormand kick up the proverbial.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I can't attend!

    Is it possible that 'Luck in a public place depends on repetition' might also refer to rehearsing the programme itself? :) Practice makes perfect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! I shall do that, too, once I actually finish preparing the presentation *eek*

      Delete
  2. It seems to me that you, like me,are one of those people who work best under pressure of deadlines??? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'm not sure that's true. I can do excellent work when inspired, even a lot ahead of a deadline. I think it's more that I tend to get excited about, and take on, a lot of things, and then the deadlines for some of them creep up on me... :D

      Delete
  3. Will you or can you record your presentation? I mean, perhaps you can record it and make a short video with some of your speech and then upload it to your blog so that you'll get more audience next time? (Just an idea). I'm not talking about recording the whoooole presentation, just some bits and pieces and make a cool video with some music :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Pepi,

      That's an interesting idea. I could possibly set that up, but I think I'll probably have enough going on with the presentation and trying to use my video to show people's readings on a big screen, without adding another technical element... I'll see how I feel once I get the presentation done and rehearsed, and check all the tech works ;)

      Delete
  4. If I lived in the UK, I would be attending one or all of your workshops! Your insights into all the cards have been very helpful to me...and I am sure lots of others! BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie, that's really sweet of you to say! I wish you lived closer, too, or could visit. Maybe one day...
      Cxx

      Delete