Friday, 27 September 2013

Lennie Week 11 - Whimsy Mini

To round out this week, I thought we'd finish where we began: with Pepi Valderrama's playful Whimsy Lenormand (2013).  This time, though I don't think you can tell from the scan, it's the mini version I used.  I'll add in a photo of both decks so you get a feel for just how dinky this deck is :)


Anyhow, on to today's draw.  Rider, Mouse and Dog.  Riffing on these cards I get:


News of a loss of loyalty - hearing someone has betrayed you or something you or they believe in.
Undermining news from a friend - for instance, a friend's good news highlights where you feel you're not achieving much.
Actively eating away at dependability - deciding you don't want to be considered 'Old Faithful' and making efforts to be more spontaneous.

Funny, generally I think of myself as being quite open to new ideas and situations.  Yet, if I look at my life, my schedule is fairly fixed and filled with routine.  Perhaps I should try to be a bit more spontaneous...

I am grateful for the reminder to say yes to novelty and change.

7 comments:

  1. That's a great intention. Good luck. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Not sure I've done anything novel yet, well, other than a new workout, but I always workout, so that's not new in itself. Hmm, how to find something new to do... :)

      Delete
    2. You don't have to find it. It will find you! That's what spontaneity is all about. :D

      Delete
  2. That second interpretation happens to me all the time. But that's down to my own issues, and something that constantly needs to be worked on. That last one is very creative to me...I'd have never come up with that one! So what novel things will you say yes to today? Spontaneity...shiver. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that judgemental Queen of Swords showing her face again :/ Not sure I've been very spontaneous, but nothing much presented itself other than some novel lunch and dinner choices...

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! The adorable mini goodness!!! I may have to consider this for later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are quite a few self-published Lennies with a mini option, so check out which one you like best :) It is a very cute size, and still reads really well!

    ReplyDelete