Thursday, 26 September 2013

Lennie Week 11 - Yellow Lennie

Today's deck is another from the creator of the Shabby Chicness Lenormand, TarotLyn, who has also created a Shades of Pink Lenormand.  This one, the Yellow Lennie (2013), appealed to me as the cards all include yellow somewhere: such a happy, cheerful colour :)  It's a photographic deck, nicely edited together, with a fairly consistent feel, and with a yellow-tinted image of Madame Lenormand on the backs.  If you go for the 72 card version, you get to choose which of several images you prefer for a number of the cards.  I enjoy the process of making my choices, though a few were tough to decide between...

Interestingly, this draw includes two of the same cards as appeared earlier this week from the Dream Inspires Lenormand: Moon, Letter, and the newcomer, Ring.



Written emotions create a commitment.
Fame comes through a writing proposal.
Journaling helps to clarify cycles, both short and longer term.
Evidence of an emotional pledge.

While the first and last seem similar, in the first I see the suggestion to write about your emotions if you want to create a commitment in yourself.  In the last, I see more the sense of something written being used as evidence, which can be a good or bad thing depending on the situation.

Still, it's the first one that draws me most.  As I wrote in my Heart's Desire Spread on Monday, there are quite a few projects I want to dedicate myself to over the coming weeks.  Since then, I've finished my presentation for the UK Tarot Conference (though I'd still like to practice it a few times).  So, I'm hoping to commit to another project I feel very inspired by.  Perhaps writing down something about why I feel drawn to it will help my focus over the coming weeks...

I am grateful for tools to help me focus my intent.

4 comments:

  1. I think I like the yellow one better than the pinkie one. :) People are going crazy with this whole Lenormand thing. I wonder when the backlash will start. Well, I'm not on AT anymore, so I'll probably never know about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, that echoed what so many people said at the UK Tarot Conference, too. How long can this fad last, or will it become an enduring thing? I hope it lasts, as I really like the semantic approach of the Lennie's, and all the creativity that is going into them now :)

      Delete
  2. Writing is always a good way to get clarity; a wonderful decision making tool. :D

    ReplyDelete