Monday, 2 September 2013

Lion and Hummingbird

For this third day with the Animism Tarot (GameCrafter, 2013) we have another Major - Strength - and another big cat!

A lion stands slightly to the left of the card, its proportions looking a little strange.  What I think may be a hummingbird sits on the lion's shoulder, looking off to the right.  This is an interesting take on a card I sometimes think of as the "Beauty and the Beast" card.  The hummingbird is small and delicate, the lion big and strong.  They form quite a contrast, sat together like that.  Given its position, the hummingbird might be singing in the lion's ear, calming its temper, suggesting ways to put its power to good use.

Altogether, I really like this card.  It speaks to the idea of balancing our raw energy and our spirit, of taming our instincts without losing their power.

There's certainly one situation today where I need to make sure to listen to the good advice of my higher self, to not charge in roaring.  So, perhaps this card advises me to take some time to listen to that quiet voice at the start of the day, so I can move through the day with both subtlety and strength.

I am grateful for the reminder to think before I speak or act, and then to act with decision and strength.

6 comments:

  1. I was just having a look at the Animism Tarot on the Game Crafter website. It's colourful and appealing, but I doubt I'd use it.

    How do you find out about all these deck? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was through someone on the TABI Facebook page, and then also a thread on the TABI forum :) I can't imagine it becoming a regular reading deck, but I definitely like it...

      Delete
  2. That's not a hummingbird. It's a larger bird and I can't think of the name..something weaver, I think. :D I don't think that they preen the lions though. :D Nice card for me. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well, I'll admit my biology sucks! I didn't see it preening the lion, more singing to it... It is a lovely deck :)

      Delete
  3. Very interesting. I so wish I knew the stories behind all of your posts--they're so intriguing and vague. I totally understand why they are, but still... :)

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case, it was about talking to someone about something I felt uncomfortable about, and not wanting to offend them by doing it poorly. I ended up holding off til Tuesday, and it all went smoothly :) Maybe I just had to wait for the right moment to strike, as that was the snake card day...

      Delete