Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Moonstruck

On this Wednesday morning, we have another Major from the Animism Tarot (GameCrafter, 2013).

A white rabbit leans out over a river beside a leafless tree, under the light of a full moon.  The reflection in the water, though, is strangely distorted.  The rabbit looks off in a different direction, the tree leans at an alternative angle, and the moon is a bright crescent.

Not only is this card very pretty, I also feel it's a good depiction of the Moon archetype.  Things are not as they seem: there is a surreal sense of irreality, and possibly danger. The danger, too, may be imagined, that's part of the problem: nothing is clear or obvious.

Another aspect of the Moon, of course, is the dream-like quality it can bring to our perceptions, and the advice to look to our dreams for illumination.

I am grateful for my dreams, a source of surprise and sometimes inspiration.

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card. I love the moon card in most of my decks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of the Moon card, too. It may be shadowy and mysterious, but it also represents the cycles of life...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I really like it - pretty and deep, too :)

      Delete
  3. This is very much like the Moon card from Animal Wisdom Tarot, isn't it? Very nice. I never know what to feel when I see the moon--I guess that makes sense, given its mysterious qualities.

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, both with bunny rabbits :) And yes, the Moon is mysterious *spooky voice* :D

      Hugs,
      Cxx

      Delete
  4. (Giggles at your spooky voice) Can you make a Halloween video with a spooky voice!? That would be great. :D

    ReplyDelete