Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Relay Race

Another very cheerful card from the World Spirit Tarot (Llewellyn, 2001) today: the Six of Wands.

I've always seen this card in this particular deck as a race runner approaching the finish line, victorious.  A man runs along a road bearing a flaming torch.  People line the path waving flags enthusiastically.  In the background is a mountain just piercing dark clouds, the sun's rays lightening the sky from behind it.

Of course, this could be a hero returning to his village, or some other situation denoting success.  I'm not sure why I've always seen it as a race winner, and perhaps others will see it differently.  In any case, the sense of achieving something, and having that recognised by others, is definitely there.  I think, perhaps, I like the race idea as it also encompasses the sense that our victories are never ours alone.  He might be running the last leg of the race, but the torch kind of suggests a relay race, or the Olympic flame passed from one runner to the next.  Either way, there is a reminder there of those who have supported us in our endeavours, or those who went before on whose work we build.

Today, I hope to achieve some success in a work project.  However, I definitely take the message about it being a team effort.  Either way, I shall be happy if the day is productive.

I am grateful for the hope of success.


No comments:

Post a Comment