Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Snake Bite

What a fierce card today from the Animism Tarot (GameCrafter, 2013)!

Here, in the Eight of Wands, we have a snake rising up and primed to strike.  It's grey scales help it blend into the earth and undergrowth around it.  Yet it is also dynamic and on the move, rearing up with fangs at the ready.  This is a good expression of the Eight of Wands, where things are in sudden, rapid motion.  In fact, it is a good depiction of both the positive and negative sides of this card (which I believe every card has).

It can be read both as: beware, there is sudden, violent change ahead.  Or else as: be ready to act quickly and decisively.

Although I have quite a busy day ahead, I don't see anything this rapid in my future.  However, I will take the card as a suggestion to be ready to respond quickly to whatever comes up.

I am grateful for times when I can be decisive and respond appropriately to life.

8 comments:

  1. To strike or be struck? That is the question! Great post. This deck will soon be in my hands. Bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee hee :) It is a great card, and a very nice deck, hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Perhaps you'll have to run to catch the bus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Sharyn! I did do pretty well with my train connections :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, we drew the same card today, but mine is much more benign! :) Did you get snake bit today? (Metaphorically speaking...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I posted on yours, your interpretation seemed almost more relevant than my own. Plenty of emails, that's for sure. Still, it's true that things were pretty busy all day, so maybe that counts, too...

      Delete
  4. Oh my! I hope you get 'poisoned' by goodness and progress. :)

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humph, more likely to get poisoned by chocolate... Still, it was a busy, productive, fairly good day :)

      Delete