Sunday, 1 September 2013

Two Kangaroos

Today's card from the Animism Tarot (GameCrafter, 2013) is the Two of Pentacles.

A mother kangaroo lies on the bare  ground with her eyes open, while her joey sleeps on the grass behind her.  Above them twines a brown and twisty tree branch, while in front of her there is a red-stemmed, green-leaved plant.  Although it's not clear, the kangaroo may be lying on a path.

There is an interesting yet subtle sense of balance here.  The contrast between wakefulness and sleep, hard ground and soft grass, verdancy and dryness, adult and child.  The mother kangaroo is at the centre of it all, keeping a watchful eye so things stay in place.

It's Sunday, today, our main family day.  Although I have a little work to do in the morning, for the most part I'm planning to keep my eyes open to make sure everyone is happy.  Not just Big Boy and my Dear One, but also my MIL, who's coming to visit.

I am grateful for a peaceful family day after a busy week.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, another deck I can't resist. I love your comment: "There is an interesting yet subtle sense of balance here. The contrast between wakefulness and sleep, hard ground and soft grass, verdancy and dryness, adult and child."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty adorable deck, but with plenty of body to it, too :) Glad you liked the post!

      Delete